Welcome to Online Combat Battalion - Australian Tactical Gaming Group
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

JSRS3 DragonFyre

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Lyndiman

Lyndiman

• General User
  • 2,656 posts

I'm gonna be honest. I can't stand the new sound system in Arma. If you watch my videos I can't hear gunfire, all i hear is crazy sonic bullet crack and not much else. JSRS was always so good. 

So question, what would it take to get us to use JSRS? Do we need to make it compulsory so that every player experiences the same sound (think TVT for example). 

What do you guys think?

Guest_Snoman_*

Guest_Snoman_*
  • Guests
JSRS is kinda broken though isn't it? Isn't it a matter of waiting for the JSRS developer to fix it? When I run JSRS it halves my framerate due to all the errors being thrown.

Dash

Dash

Retired

• General User
  • 650 posts

The current release does NOT support multiplayer.

Currently it is a SINGLE PLAYER mod only. 

see: http://forums.bistud...SRS3-DragonFyre

I am all for JSRS3 - DF, once its MP compatible 

Lyndiman

Lyndiman

• General User
  • 2,656 posts

Yeah I read that on the forum page. Damn shame. 

Hmmm would be good to have an alternative in the mean time. 

Dash

Dash

Retired

• General User
  • 650 posts

Yeah I read that on the forum page. Damn shame. 

Hmmm would be good to have an alternative in the mean time. 

@L_ES is a decent alternative. It doesnt modify the actual sound files, but it does add reverb and terrain masking. It is on the Repo as well :D

Lyndiman

Lyndiman

• General User
  • 2,656 posts

That's what im using and so often i can't hear gun fire. have a look at my last tac video and you'll hear tonnes of bullet snaps when I die and no actual gunfire! 

Xerxes

Xerxes

Retired

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Yeah, even with LES, gunfire sounds pathetically quiet and non-offensive. You can be standing right next to someone and the gunfire sounds like poxy little cracks and snaps like the vanilla MX's used to sound.

Any sound replacement mods out there?

Reddeth

Reddeth

Always Welcome

• General User
  • 677 posts

I also feel the pain waiting for a Dragonfyre replacement. Nothing else approaches that quality that I am aware of.