Welcome to Online Combat Battalion - Australian Tactical Gaming Group
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

2nd PC to run A3

Arma 3 server local Multiplayer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

ren111

ren111

Always Welcome

• General User
  • 452 posts

Hey dudes,

I have recently installed a second copy of stock arma 3 onto a Laptop that I have the full peripherals for (mouse, screen, keyboard etc)

Its runs the game on low to mid settings smooth enough at around 40fps - 50fps.

What I am wondering is, occasionally I want to test some things with friends where we need a third person and we are either trying to make something in game or do some editing, so having the third PC/Laptop with it running to either join or host the session for us works for what we need.

I am wondering when it comes to having this laptop running a3, would it be better to set up the laptop to only run the map and then both my main PC and my mates PC join off the lap top,  so that way our PC's can just run our own client related data and the laptop will handle all the server side stuff when we do something in a lan or private connection online etc. 

Is anyone able to tell me what the benefits may be that I may be able to tap into in this regard?

Having a laptop that could run the game or host a private session for my own stuff?

I have little to no understanding of the ability to run my own game / hosted server or something similar off a dedicated machine (or in this case laptop).

any on topic  thoughts or info / intel on this matter would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers.

Ren

EightySix

EightySix

Technical Officer

• OCB BHQ
  • 1,623 posts

• 1st Platoon - Active Member

Good talking with you Ren.

Note for others, there is server setup scripts on our TS3>Mission Lab folder to assist setting this up. Dash and Myself are happy to help walk these through with you however it is a complex concept.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Arma 3, server, local Multiplayer