Welcome to Online Combat Battalion - Australian Tactical Gaming Group
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Gaining more Texturing knowledge.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Damon

Damon

Newly Registered

• Guests
  • 17 posts

What I have been working on,

I've been learning how to manipulate the bump mapping and alpha channels so that 2D parts of textures look 3D in game. (See Patches and Kneepads)
The idea is to allow much more personalization to the uniforms, patches, names, accessories.
The camouflage is the new 'Ghostex - Kilo 1', an updated Multicam.

I have also applied a lot of the bump mapping effects (Not the kneepads.. yet) to the Kryptek skins recently posted.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
  • Tromac likes this

bangbang

bangbang

Former Member

• General User
  • 111 posts

These are looking really good Damon, nice work. Out of curiosity, what program are you using for the bump mapping? I've been playing with xnormal and crazybump lately and they're both very good.

Kenny

Kenny

OCB Member

• General User
  • 166 posts

if you want to go from a flat texture to a normal or AO or a few others I would suggest a look at nDO its an extremely powerful tool

Damon

Damon

Newly Registered

• Guests
  • 17 posts

These are looking really good Damon, nice work. Out of curiosity, what program are you using for the bump mapping? I've been playing with xnormal and crazybump lately and they're both very good.

Thanks mate, I do everything in Photoshop CS6.

if you want to go from a flat texture to a normal or AO or a few others I would suggest a look at nDO its an extremely powerful tool

I've been doing everything by hand, I feel it shows in the quality :)
I find auto tools begin to look fairly generic, having said that I have never used any of the above mentioned.

Piro

Piro

Forum Regular

• General User
  • 633 posts

Having no knowledge about texturing, that's looking pretty amazing there, Damon.

Kenny

Kenny

OCB Member

• General User
  • 166 posts

Just a basic example that I just did, image simply from the net sent it through nDo through Photoshop fiddled with a few sliders and done.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Damon

Damon

Newly Registered

• Guests
  • 17 posts

Did some playing with ndo today, a great program for objects like walls, floors or even vehicles, not really my cup of tea.
I just like how the hand drawn NOHQ for cloth looks.
Yes it takes a lot longer, but it feels more personal lol

Xerxes

Xerxes

Retired

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Looks great man!

Coder

Coder

Forum Novice

• General User
  • 246 posts

Keep it up dude, really digging these!

Damon

Damon

Newly Registered

• Guests
  • 17 posts

My best work so far, even through in a look at the updated Kryptek Mandrake.
I will be uploading the units and weapon skins today!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
The upload with contain all the Kryptek Variants I have done.

Hells

Hells

Retired

• General User
  • 391 posts

Damn Impressive!!