Welcome to Online Combat Battalion - Australian Tactical Gaming Group
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Navigation Mods

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

CptDavo

CptDavo

Former Member (Retired)

• General User
  • 2,478 posts

Am yet to try these but these look good.
AN/PNC-212 : Simple Military GPS Receiver
Posted Image
As the name states this is DAGR-like GPS receiver, like there used to be on Arma2 with ACE.

Features :
- Position tracking in 3 operating modes (STBY, FIX, CONT)
- Waypoint list edition
- Ability to quickly save your current position as a waypoint (MRK)
- Waypoint transfer between players
- Multiple units systems
- Power management

Tao Folding Map 2.2
Posted Image
This is an alternate version of Taosenai's Tao Folding Map.

Tao Folding Map will allow you to toggle a usefully-large map anytime in game by pressing Shift-M (or Shift-<your map key>). It will automatically close when you open the big map or open your gear. Of course it does not restrict your movement or anything.

It is unique in that it is not centered on your current position. Instead, it is 'folded' into areas. This lets you keep a continuous perspective on the battlefield. The page is changed automatically when you cross over the edge.

If you have a GPS or are playing on Regular or lower, your position will be shown. Map markers are shown.

Coder

Coder

Forum Novice

• General User
  • 246 posts

I'd like to give these a try! The folding map especially looks really handy.

Knight

Knight

Retired

• General User
  • 1,422 posts

I just resized my GPS box. Does the same thing, and is transparent.

Lyndiman

Lyndiman

• General User
  • 2,656 posts

Folding map is more map like though!

Knight

Knight

Retired

• General User
  • 1,422 posts

GPS can be blamed on tac glasses. You're Robocop!

Krongas

Krongas

Former Member

• General User
  • 482 posts

I'd like to give these a try! The folding map especially looks really handy.

I used folding map and don't rate it. but hey that's just me maybe it will suite others better

Xerxes

Xerxes

Retired

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

I like the simple GPS receiver. The mini-map style GPS is a little too arcade for me. I like the idea of having to use grid references to find my way around without the aid of player markers ect. We should use a combination of this and the commanders tablet. So the only way to know where friendly call signs are is through the blufor tracker on the c-tab and regular grunts get the simple GPS, or better yet they get nothing! >:] go hard core or go home.