Welcome to Online Combat Battalion - Australian Tactical Gaming Group
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

@A3MP - ArmA 2 Maps in Arma 3

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Haydos

Haydos

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 1,658 posts

Relax Discord, what Knight is trying to get across is a very valid point, relying on something like AiA which has had many issues, regardless of how much better it has got over time. To say that it is 100% working is a huge statement and trusting a mod as big as that to run our missions is just to risky, this brings me back to the point I made earlier about mods and TAC's, A3 mods are just unnecessary at this stage, with those Tali units Davo put up, all they are is just reskins of the Guerrilla units with different weapons and vehicles, for 600mb I honestly can say, fu#k that!

If AiA can be put on our server and tested THOROUGHLY, then maybe mission makers will consider more TAC's for A3 in the future...

But Discord there's no reason to get snappy about it.

Discord

Discord

Former member

• General User
  • 546 posts

Well let's test AiA then. I've already spoke to Eighty about it and I've been using AiA to play Patrol Ops rather than A3MP without issues. We were apparently going to have an AiA testing server up but I think a certain newborn impeded that progress. And I only put as much faith behind AiA as I do any other mod we run on our custom maps and mods server I do think AiA is worth a trial run at least for the maps and vehicles.

The only reason I am snappy is because most people here say before thinking when it comes to certain things and perhaps (especially to their content creators) don't realise how that comes off. (Disheartening is the answer) I would much rather you either say something nice, neutral or nothing at all.

Haydos

Haydos

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 1,658 posts

Just pointing out that this is public thread Discord so it means my opinion and Knights and anyone else are open to be discussed, not just how you feel about something. I think you need to see this from a bigger point of view champ before you go getting aggressive about this situation, from a mission makers point of view I will not touch it before its tested, I never said anything about the mod being trashed and never used again...

Knight

Knight

Retired

• General User
  • 1,422 posts

Calm down gents

Posted Image

Discord

Discord

Former member

• General User
  • 546 posts

from a mission makers point of view I will not touch it before its tested

Which is fine. All I am saying is that more people should test it, that way it will not just be my opinion on the latest version there will be others too good or bad. My point is everyone's opinions are negative and they are probably about a version that came out months ago.

I was only upset about Knights opinions on me mentioning PwS, not opinions on AiA.

CptDavo

CptDavo

Former Member (Retired)

• General User
  • 2,478 posts

Enhanced support addon for more maps has been released!
http://www.armaholic...ge.php?id=24911

Today I am releasing a small addon, making few of Arma 2 maps working much better with my A3MP. You dont have to modify Arma 2 maps! Just download it and run as mod with A3MP and 3rd party map. Not all maps are supported with first release.

This mod does not contain a map! You have to download maps by your own, from Armaholic of PWS or whatever you want and put it into ArmA 3 folder and run like other mods.

- Clafghan
- Fallujah
- FATA
- Namalsk (Only map)
- Podagorsk
- Thirsk
- Thirsk Winter

Knight

Knight

Retired

• General User
  • 1,422 posts