Welcome to Online Combat Battalion - Australian Tactical Gaming Group
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Arma 3 - Task Force Radio

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Gavin

Gavin

Forum Novice

• General User
  • 177 posts

http://forums.bistud...Arrowhead-Radio

Would be interesting to try this out...

Lyndiman

Lyndiman

• General User
  • 2,656 posts

Yeah because ACRE is blowing hard right now. The door is open for another mod to take its place.

EightySix

EightySix

Technical Officer

• OCB BHQ
  • 1,623 posts

• 1st Platoon - Active Member
We'll do some testing and see but apparently it is not holding up in larger groups of >10 players so I'm not holding my breath.

Dash

Dash

Retired

• General User
  • 650 posts

I had a play around with it and I must say I am not impressed. Sure it is still a beta, but you wouldnt expect a battery test button to change your volume.

Secondly when you transmit you don't get a transmission tone. All you get is a hint message saying "Transmitting SW (short wave) on 123mhz"

Third, you can't set radios to a specific ear. This can cause sever internal ear bleeds with cross comms.

Four, the radios interface textures look like really poor quality photos.

Five, you dont 'switch' radios. The binding for short range and long range radios are different (Caps and Ctrl + caps respectively). The key binding is not obvious and is really cumbersome and can prevent you from moving if you are stationary and start transmitting. Also instead of having just 1 binding to open the radio config menu, it's 2 different bindings again (again not obvious key binding either Ctrl + P and Alt + P)

Sure it's acre lite, but honestly I would rather wait for ACRE2.
As eighty said, this mod EATS the bandwidth of the servers with all the data it's passing around.

Azer

Azer

Forum Novice

• General User
  • 248 posts

hmmmm even so dash, if it doesn't crash the game/ts i'm keen.

Dash

Dash

Retired

• General User
  • 650 posts

At this stage azer the general consensus is for games under 10 people this mod works, but as soon as we get more than 10 everything goes to hell. The TS server doesnt crash, the Game locks up, freesez then crashes (Apparently according to comments on BI forums)

Slankydudl

Slankydudl

Newly Registered

• General User
  • 83 posts

That sounds alot worse than teamspeak crashes :P

Discord

Discord

Former member

• General User
  • 546 posts

At this stage azer the general consensus is for games under 10 people this mod works, but as soon as we get more than 10 everything goes to hell. The TS server doesn't crash, the Game locks up, freezes then crashes (Apparently according to comments on BI forums)

Where are the quotes since I had a look through and I saw several saying it does work, one even for 100 people.
If it eats up bandwidth perhaps this is a mod we can run for Tac nights only. not being able to run proper tac nights because ACRE might get shotgun diarrhea blows more than a mod that only has some of the functionality of ACRE.

Unless someone has an idea of ACRE 2's progress perhaps we should seriously look at this mod? I mean most of the issues here are probably ones we can code out for a private release right?
  • Gavin likes this