Login to Account Create an Account
Welcome to the Australian Online Combat Battalion website
Posted by Dash - 20 Nov 2014 07:48 PM
As part of the new mod structure, Arma Extended will be shipped out and replaced by AGM!
There are multiple reasons behind this, the key reasons being: comparability and my lacking of time
I have started a new full time job and I unfortunately can no longer devote as much time and effort into maintaining AE, so in the interest of keeping up with the times, we will be switching over to AGM, but with a few OCB tweaks.
The AE core features will be released as an AGM patch once they are complete.
AGM is also starting to become the next ace, so naturally more and more mod makers are adding compatibility for AGM to their mods, these same mods will not work with AE as it is technically an entirely different mod.
More details to follow soon regarding when this will happen.
Posted by CptDavo - 05 Nov 2014 07:03 AM
- Bohemia Interactive today released the Arma 3 Helicopters DLC – the second premium DLC for Arma 3. Featuring the highly detailed CH-67 Huron and Mi-290 Taru, the DLC adds new helicopters, the Sling Loading showcase scenario, and helicopter Time Trial challenges (watch new trailer).
The CH-67 Huron is a twin-engine, tandem rotor heavy-lift helicopter. Its primary role is the transportation of troops, vehicles and cargo – and is available in both an armed and transport variant. The Mi-290 Taru is a heavy utility helicopter with coaxial rotors and a unique modular construction. Various mission pods enable the Taru to serve many different roles. It can transport cargo, troops, and provide battlefield supplies (ammunition, fuel, repair facilities, and medical equipment). Both helicopters are also capable of sling loading, which is a brand new feature in Arma 3 - and is further demonstrated in the premium Sling Loading showcase scenario. The Helicopters DLC also features four exclusive Time Trials, where helicopter pilots can show off their skills by winning the gold medal.
The Helicopters DLC is supported by a free Arma 3 platform update - released today alongside the Helicopters DLC. The 1.34 update includes the brand new Support multiplayer mode, where players need to provide various types of helicopter support – such as troop transport and medevac – in a Sector Control multiplayer scenario. In preparation of the new multiplayer mode, players can enroll in the brand new VR Training helicopter stages, and learn the ropes of rotary flight. In addition, Arma 3 content creators will be happy to learn that a variety of new in-game objects, ranging from landing platforms to military decorations and more, have also been added in the new update.
The Arma 3 platform update also introduces several major new features to Arma 3. For instance, players can now choose to enable the optional RotorLib helicopter flight model, which is an upgraded version of the flight model used in Bohemia Interactive’s Take On Helicopters, and provides an even more authentic helicopter flight experience. Furthermore, the platform update includes the aforementioned new ability to sling load cargo, which places a stronger emphasis on the importance of logistics on the battlefield. Last but certainly not least, the update implements the much-anticipated firing-from-vehicles feature - enabling passengers to engage targets while seated in a vehicle.
Jay Crowe, Creative Director on Arma 3:
- “With this DLC, we've turned our attention towards enhancing helicopter flight, but there's much more to it than that alone. With our new features and content, combined arms gameplay in general has benefitted, and the Arma 3 platform is all the better for it!".
- SPOTREP #36
- TECHREP #16
Posted by CptDavo - 27 Oct 2014 07:13 PM
AiA - TP has been added to our servers replacing A3MP (which can still be used however it will be phased out due to lack of support and updates for future content) SMD Sahrani will also be phased out shortly as this is built into AiA-TP.
Please note the following:
Maps Fixes found here: http://www.armaholic...ge.php?id=26594has also been added to the repository as "@ascz_a2_map_fixes"
There is also a lite version available for people with low bandwidth connections. (With low quality textures for better performance and smaller downloads)
= Feature overview =
- All BI terrains from A1, A2, OA and its DLCs
- Allows the use of most community made terrains from A1/A2/OA in A3
- No waterline bug on most custom terrains (ponds are removed completely as BI has no solution)
- Makes it possible to port and play game modes/missions from previous Arma titles in A3
- Preview images in terrain selection
- New A3 tech lighting and street lamps
- Adjusted object penetration and impact effects
- Dust from infantry and vehicle movement
- Correctly falling walls
- More organic landscape textures for Chernarus
- Improved A1 and A2 buildings (WIP)
- Improved Chernarus grass/clutter (WIP)
- Undersea life
- Falling tree sound
- Fully MP compatible
- Working save games in SP
- Works with ZEUS
- No rpt errors and missing strings
- Signed version
- LITE version for improved performance and smaller download
- Extra standalone data only version and each terrain as separate download
- Fast and simple all-in-one download via torrent or mega/google drive or Play withSIX
- Patches provided as separate packages with only changed/new files
- 7z compressed for smaller and thus quicker download
Updates of repos currently in progress.
Posted by CptDavo - 30 Sep 2014 04:17 AM
- Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
- A Legacy Build Steam branch is available for advanced users. It contains the previous significant main branch version (1.24). It can be used to compare specific changes between major releases. The access code for this branch is:Arma3Legacy124
- Fixed: LEARN > COMMUNITY GUIDES videos were no longer working due to a YouTube URL format change
- Multiplayer optimizations to attempt to combat desync
- Updated: Voice-over-Net library (Speex)
- Added: Extended multiplayer statistics and diagnostics (-networkDiagInterval=X, X is the amount of seconds between each diagnostics polling)
- Fixed: Stack overflow crash
Posted by EightySix - 26 Sep 2014 07:49 AM
Bohemia Interactive today announced the official release date for Arma 3’s second premium DLC, Arma 3 Helicopters. Lifting off on November 4th, the new DLC will introduce the highly detailed CH-67 Huron and Mi-290 Taru heavy-lift helicopters, and will be supported by a variety of free new content and features in an accompanying Arma 3 platform update.
Overall, the addition of the two new helicopters and their skin variants will place a stronger emphasis on the role of logistics in Arma 3’s open-world combat. This idea is complemented by the upcoming Arma 3 platform update, which delivers a variety of free new playable content, alongside multiple game-changing features.
In terms of content, the Arma 3 platform update will ship the brand new Support multiplayer mode, where players will need to provide various types of helicopter support – such as troop transport and medevac – in Sector Control multi-player scenarios. In addition, the update will include a set of ten VR Training helicopter stages, and five helicopter Time Trials, of which four will be exclusive to Helicopters DLC owners. A variety of new in-game objects, ranging from landing platforms to military decorations and more, will also be made available to Arma 3 content creators. Plus, Bohemia Interactive will add a related set of new Steam Achievements to the game.
With regards to the new features, the Arma 3 platform update comes with the optional RotorLib helicopter flight model, which is an upgraded version of the flight model used in Bohemia Interactive’s Take On Helicopters. Furthermore, the platform update will include the aforementioned new ability to sling load cargo, and last but certainly not least: the much-anticipated firing-from-vehicles feature. This functionality enables vehicle passengers to fire their weapon while seated.