Login to Account Create an Account
OCB Repo Updates
Welcome to the Australian Online Combat Battalion website
Posted by Valour - 20 Jul 2015 12:58 AM
Due to the recent happenings, I feel very much like the soldier in this picture; very alone.
There is little point in going over the specifics of why I think this has happened, but it has happened. I wanted to thank all those departed members who put so much into OCB. Your hard work has done so much for this group and without your efforts, OCB wouldn't have achieved the things that have been achieved.
Having said that, I do accept some responsibility for the recent events, had some items been dealt with differently and with more patience, I believe these issues could have been avoided. A complete break down in communication was a factor, and no serious efforts were made to address the issues, which I believe could have been resolved. What has happened to a degree is understandable, however the manner in which it was done was just wrong, and those responsible would know that. Not one of the core group of dissenters had the courage to speak to me directly about this stuff, hard to see there is a problem if you're not aware of it.
Now I have the task of rebuilding this group. it all started with me and Goose and built into a large active community, and I will again, be assured of that.
A special thanks to those who have confirmed their continued commitment to OCB. It is encouraging to know that some consider loyalty more important than popularity; that loyalty is not to me, it is to the group.
Posted by Lyndiman - 17 Jul 2015 06:57 AM
- Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
- Consider defragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
- A Legacy Build Steam branch is available for advanced users. It contains the previous significant main branch version (1.46). It can be used to compare specific changes between major releases. The access code for this branch is: Arma3Legacy146
- You can find the servers in the Steam library (switch the filter to "Tools") - "Arma 3 Server" (based on your OS, it will download the Windows or Linux version).
- Administrators can also use the command-line SteamCMD utility. The app ID is to be 233780.
- NVIDIA GameWorks™ Technology provided under license from NVIDIA Corporation. Copyright © 2002-2015 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved.
- In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., Arma 3 F.A.Q. or BattlEye F.A.Q.
- You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.
Link to the change log: http://dev.arma3.com...t/spotrep-00045
Posted by Lyndiman - 14 Jul 2015 06:10 AM
Russians in Afghanistan, this'll go well.
Posted by Lyndiman - 07 Jul 2015 11:27 AM
Posted by Lyndiman - 03 Jul 2015 08:46 AM
Don't turn up unprepared!
OCB have rolled out ACRE2 to replace TFR. If you're not squared away with this change you'll find yourself sitting out on our games.
- Get the mod off our repository
- Enable the ACRE2 mod
- Disable TFR mod
- Copy the plugin files from the ACRE2 mod directory
- Drop the plugins into the TS3 plugin folder
- Open TS3
- Disable TFR TS3 plugins
- Enable ACRE2 plugin
- Load game and test with other players
Familiarise yourself with keybinds:
- Radio PTT: Capslock
- Alternate PTT 1: Shift-Capslock
- Alternate PTT 2: Ctrl-Capslock
- Alternate PTT 3: Alt-Capslock
- Open/Close Radio: Alt-Ctrl-Capslock
- Cycle Radio: Alt-Shift-Capslock
- Cycle Babel Language: Left Windows Key
- Set Radio Left Ear: Ctrl-Shift Left Arrow Key
- Set Radio Right Ear: Ctrl-Shift Right Arrow Key
- Set Radio Both Ears: Ctrl-Shift Up Arrow Key
NOTE: A feature of ACRE2 is that all players not connected will be muted to players in game. So don't expect to ask for help or talk over other peoples games. This is not a bug. This is a feature.