Login to Account Create an Account
Welcome to the Australian Online Combat Battalion website
Posted by Dash - 15 Apr 2015 10:35 PM
Our Arma3 Sync server is migrating to a Bigger, Better, Faster, Stronger server.
You should now be able to download at around double the rate!
IMPORTANT: THE OLD SERVER WILL NO LONGER BE UPDATED AND MAINTAINED.
To connect to the new repository, simply re-import the new autoconfig URL:
Posted by Lyndiman - 15 Apr 2015 09:41 AM
Two streams will be run for recruits and experienced users.
If members are unable to make it, please post in the calendar event so alternative arrangements can be made for catch up training.
Click here for details.
Posted by Lyndiman - 09 Apr 2015 07:45 AM
The Arma 3 Marksmen DLC includes seven new weapons, two scopes, remote designators, ghillie suits, and some single player stuff.
Members will be particularly excited about the accompanied major platform update, which is free for all people who own Arma 3. The supporting update introduces weapon resting and deployment, improved recoil simulation, improved AI suppression, various sound enhancements, a new multiplayer mode and showcase scenario, suppressor and bipod weapon attachments, heavy and grenadier vests, nine additional face paints, and Virtual Garage.
The upcoming Arma 3 update will introduce weapon resting and weapon deployment - which have been on the list of most requested features by the Arma 3 community. Weapon resting means that players will benefit from an accuracy bonus whenever they are near a stable surface, while weapon deployment will enable players to use bipods for a more steady shot. Together with improvements made to the simulation of recoil, and improvements to enemy AI suppression, this should provide a more tactical, intuitive, and rich experience to the players of Arma 3. Finally, the new platform update will make significant upgrades to sound by adding more sound samples and new sound technology. These improvements should enhance the immersion and contribute to gameplay by providing players with a better situational awareness.
To round out the Marksmen DLC package and the supporting platform update, Bohemia Interactive will be expanding Arma 3’s existing Virtual Arsenal feature with Virtual Garage. This means players will not only be able to preview soldiers, weapons, and gear, and create custom loadouts for their characters, but also examine and customize the extensive collection of vehicles in Arma 3.
From what we've seen, the new recoil system appears to knock the weapon off aim before returning back to aim resulting in a slight movement in aim point. This seems to be rewarding single shots and doesn't require constant reaiming to compensate for where the weapon has moved but the knock effect still gives the impression of a big kickback.
Posted by Valour - 02 Apr 2015 07:05 AM
We've had a few applications, and we appreciate the interest shown in membership by players, however there are some applications coming in that waste our time and the time of the person applying.
Here's some info that might save us all some pain...
- If you do not meet the age requirement, your application will be declined, (we make RARE exceptions at our discretion)
- If you have not regularly played with OCB members, in our servers whilst using Team Speak, your application will be declined,
- If you are currently a member of another clan, your application will be declined,
- If you do not reside in a timezone similar to Australia, your application will be declined,
- If you do not put some effort into your application, your application will be declined,
- If your application is declined, do not annoy us via email as to why, we reserve the right to not supply a reason for the rejection of any application.
- If you pretend to be a service person to gain entry (although this is NOT a requirement), you'll be found out and announced to the world
- If you are or were in a clan that is named after a real ADF unit, we won't consider your application, so don't bother applying. Naming gaming groups after real units to offensive to those people who have served in the ACTUAL unit, as well as being very distasteful to ADF members generally. You're stealing the honour of that unit and it's current and former members.
If you are confused, or require further clarification, contact VALOUR directly via PM and I'll fill you in.
Posted by CptDavo - 09 Mar 2015 09:21 PM
AGM has been updated on our servers and A3Sync.
- Fixed: Broken hitpoints for VA people in v1.40 (#2162)
- Fixed: Disable Team-Management module did not disable join group (#2032)
- Fixed: Holstering a weapon in a FFV seat would make you stand up (#2098)
- Fixed: Inheritance issues with v1.40 (#2151, #2156)
- Fixed: Kick option in Check PBOs module broken (#2081)
- Fixed: Low resolution when using Vector with mils (#2125)
- Fixed: Undefined variable in Vector function (#2122)
- Fixed: Unnecessary setVariable calls in diagnosis (#2009)
- Fixed: Version number check didn't account for patch versions (#2163)
- Fixed: Weapon IK in combat pace (#2095)