Login to Account Create an Account
Posted by Valour - 26 Jan 2016 08:09 AM
Slots have been increased to 36 - which now enables two full, nine person squads per side.
Server usage has been mixed thus far, but we have been full a number of times. Just takes those few to get in and then it will fill.
Posted by Valour - 21 Jan 2016 10:52 AM
Ok men, I finally found a host. Ping for me is 16, ping for most AU/NZ players should be pretty good.
32 slots, smaller maps, more intense action. Prep for some training nights now as well.
Admins will be provided connection details shortly. ALL welcome, until you have demonstrated you are too immature or disruptive to other players, then you will be escorted out.
NEWB friendly of course!
Posted by Valour - 21 Jan 2016 09:02 AM
Yeah, so do I.
But the dev's have now added Steam Server Support, which enables you to browse servers in steam.
You can now use the steam server browser by clicking on Steam -> View -> Servers -> Change Filters and select Squad as the game. You can even right click on a server and select "View Server Info" and you can see who is playing on that server. Great for finding out where your mates are, and avoiding those servers with certified asshats in them - BUT - this feature works sometimes, and is flaky at best. It often will list no players (when the server does have players), or only a handful.
Posted by Valour - 16 Dec 2015 10:50 AM
Online Combat Battalion is now officially recruiting for SQUAD. Normal recruiting standards apply, which in a nutshell are:
- Aged 18 or over only
- Stable Broadband connection
- Be a TEAM player
- Be of good character
- Have and USE a microphone for in game comms
- Have a reasonable level of activity in game
- Abide by our Code of Conduct and Conditions of membership
Full explanation of our recruiting standards and information can be found on our recruitment thread.
OCB will shortly have Squad servers up and running for training, general play and match ups against other units.
Posted by Valour - 03 Dec 2015 10:07 PM
I think we need this. I'll be speaking to server guru about running our own servers.
- Gameplay faster and more fluid than ARMA but slower and more engaging than Battlefield.
- Teamwork oriented gameplay that doesn't require a clan or private server to fully realize the potential of the gameplay.
- Built in Voice Over IP using the best codecs available, with attenuated localized, intra-squad radio, and inter-squad command radio communications.
- Showcase Deployables and Base Building which no other military FPS has.
- The creation, defense, destruction and resupply of chained spawn positions in an overlapping and always fluid emergent chessboard designed in our maps.
- Large scale maps up to 8km^2. (currently working with 2km and 4km maps)
- High quality models and complex animations systems.
- A very open development team with excellent community communication, and preparations in progress for mod support near retail release.
- Essentially an "everything" game. Infantry/Logistics/Air Combat/CAS/Armor Warfare