Welcome to Online Combat Battalion - Australian Tactical Gaming Group
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Danger Close - The Battle of Long Tan Trailer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,181 posts

• Captain

• GooseNeck, bomber, Ozone and 2 others like this

Ozone

Ozone

Forum Novice

• Guests
  • 124 posts

this looks like a good movie looking forward to it

• Valour likes this

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,181 posts

• Captain
Its about time they made a movie about this event.
  • Ozone likes this

GooseNeck

GooseNeck

OCB Member

• OCB 1st Platoon
  • 246 posts

• Corporal
  • 1st Platoon - Active Member

20190721_145950_1.gif

Myself with LFTCOL RET. Harry Smith 2 days ago at the red carpet preview of Danger Close Pacific Fair on the GC. Now I can close this chapter in my life.

• Valour likes this

GooseNeck

GooseNeck

OCB Member

• OCB 1st Platoon
  • 246 posts

• Corporal

20190721_212226.jpg

Myself with SGT RET. Bill Roche 10 Platoon Delta Co. Same Event. Majic moments. I would have posted a pic of myself with Bob Buic but I defer to others more highly aware of that can of worms. I wasn't there. But let me just say this was a proud moment for me.

• Valour likes this

GooseNeck

GooseNeck

OCB Member

• OCB 1st Platoon
  • 246 posts

• Corporal

NON MOVIE SPOILER BLURB.

Lastly having seen this movie I can't unfortunately unsee it. I will reserve my opinion of it until it's been out for awhile. Safe to say my group supplied many of the props including field webbing and uniforms. Advise on how to operate a 7 man crew on the gun line during Vietnam as we were onset in Queensland with many current Veterans involved including Tim Page a renown Australian journalist embedded many times and wounded upto 12 times in contact with the North Vietnamese and Vietcong. Amazing. Additionally attending the 50th anniversary of the Battle of Long Tan at Ennoggera Barracks meeting most of the Veterans of this Australian engagement known throughout the Australian Army as one of if not the most Victorious battles during Wartime. Salt of the earth all of them and one of my proudest moments as an Australian which I will remember with affection for the rest of my days to have been fortunate enough to take part in. FYI that's our 105 Pak Howitzer in the movie somewhere.

• Valour likes this

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,181 posts

• Captain
Bloody awesome Goose!!! Good on ya mate! Supporting our vets!