Welcome to Online Combat Battalion - Australian Tactical Gaming Group
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

ADF Ops - Insurgency

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,135 posts

• Captain

adfops.jpg

As an Australian based unit, I thought it was about time we had a general play type mission that involved ADF units.  The result, ADF Operations Insurgency!

Features:

• Project UNCUT units, weapons and vehicles
  • 3CB Factions 
  • Support functions for CAS (helo), CAS A-10, Transport and Artillery (long, medium and short range)
  • Taxi Service (scroll and select 'call taxi' and a chopper comes to you and takes you anywhere - they will even wait for you if you choose!
  • Vcom AI to make it more challenging
  • Advanced Injury System
  • New notifications for task assignment and completion
  • CBA View Distance Function (the best view distance function there is)
  • Ability to interact with civilians, speak to them, question them, search them, detain them
  • Medivac system - chopper will land at your LOC, transport you back to base and tell you to go to the medical centre if you are injured
  • Enemy Occupation System - caching of AI, despawning when out of range to increase performance
  • Increased damage to AI enemy (more realistic)
  • Vehicle Borne IED
  • Suicide Bombers
  • Large Civilian Presence
  • Immersive sounds throughout the area
  • The insurgency style red squares all over, as well as specific challenging tasks to complete if you choose.

This is currently a WIP, about 80% done and it's working really well.   Once complete (in about a week), it will be server testing and released on the server.  MIght even put this one on steam workshop.

• FEAR, Tyee, Ozone and 2 others like this

Ozone

Ozone

OCB Member

• OCB 1st Platoon
  • 118 posts

• Lance Corporal
  • 1st Platoon - Active Member

this looks good val nice 

• Valour likes this

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,135 posts

• Captain
Been working on this for the past week, I love it. It's what we have been missing on our server I think.

Unlike domination or invade and annex, each task is manually added and unique. The civilian presence really adds to the mission and makes it more challenging. You never know if the civilian you are speaking to is about to detonate their vest.

The IED and mine threat is very high, some you cannot disarm or destroy, you just have to avoid.

The CAS support is very good, and I forgot to mention that you can recruit AI to help you out, so you can play it solo as well.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that you can request reinforcements. A chopper will then arrive and drop off a section that join your group.

Really excited to get this finished.
  • Ozone and red5 like this

Ozone

Ozone

OCB Member

• OCB 1st Platoon
  • 118 posts

• Lance Corporal

holy crap that sounds allsome

• Valour likes this

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,135 posts

• Captain
Also looking to add an EOD module to it, so we can make a good effort of disabling IED.

Maybe EOD dogs as well.
  • Ozone likes this

Ozone

Ozone

OCB Member

• OCB 1st Platoon
  • 118 posts

• Lance Corporal

why not lol ive seen mods where dogs kill people and stuff so yeah why not bombs to

Edited by Ozone, 14 April 2019 - 07:31 PM.

• Valour likes this

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,135 posts

• Captain
EOD mod is broken. Word is that the marksman
DLC killed it. So there won't be an EOD mod as such, but there will be plenty of IEDs and mines to disarm.

Must be engineer with toolkit to disarm. Now also added ability to destroy IED by shooting at them for some, others must be disabled.

Now also added parameters so that players can select the mission features they want before starting the game.

Still WIP but will be ready for server testing in a few days.

Definately putting this one on workshop.
  • Ozone likes this

Ozone

Ozone

OCB Member

• OCB 1st Platoon
  • 118 posts

• Lance Corporal

good stuff val keep it up mate

• Valour likes this