Welcome to Online Combat Battalion - Australian Tactical Gaming Group
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Beach Bastards

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain

Ok, the only thing I can really say about this one is, that it was a bit of a disaster.

I think the beach landing was ok for the first few minutes, and then it just got ridiculous.    This continued throughout because I didn't name each AI spawn script a different name, so whenever we crossed ONE trigger for the script, ALL AI spawns fired, which lead to obvious chaos.

Lesson learned.

Next few missions don't involve that level of AI involvement, they are balanced and can be played at a more tactical pace.

Thanks to those that did attend.

• FEAR, EightySix and Wolf Mother like this

red5

red5

Platoon Sergeant - 1st Platoon

• OCB BHQ
  • 139 posts

• Sergeant
  • 1st Platoon - Active Member, (PlanetSide 2 ), (Rising Storm Vietnam), (Day of Infamy)

I thought the mission was quite fun. sometimes getting overwhelmed by ai brings a different challenge and experience to missions.

Could make for some interesting scenarios in future :)

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain

Yeah but it was a zombie apocalypse experience, they were literally standing on as in droves as we spawned.  Thank God for artillery!

EightySix

EightySix

Technical Officer

• OCB BHQ
  • 1,623 posts

• 1st Platoon - Active Member

Don't be hard on yourself, the first mission I made for OCB we had to call broken arrow because they... just... kept... coming...

• Valour likes this

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain
Zeus artillery had to rescue us a few times. 😀

FEAR

FEAR

OCB Member

• OCB Member
  • 927 posts

• Corporal
Hey guys I've been playing the no mod b studio combat patrol with my kid and it's heaps of fun... maybe we just run that say one night a week just to get a bit of game play in.

What you all thank
  • Valour likes this

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain
Sounds good.