THIS IS A REPOST FOR THE INFORMATION OF MEMBERS AND OTHERS WISHING
TO BE INVOLVED - SCROLL OWN FOR REQUIRED MODS AND RADIO
The Province of Chernarus has been in constant turmoil since 2009, with numerous combat actions undertaken by OCB RFL COY against Russian forces and local insurgents. The region continues to be unstable and the local government has again requested our assistance.
The effect of the conflict is noticeable in the civilian population, with about 30% of the local people supporting the Russian and rebel forces; this means they are opposed to our presence, and have indicated their hostility towards us with many concealing weapons in their clothing and manufacturing IEDs. There has been one instance of an armed civilian firing upon the advance party that set up the base area.
1st Platoon, along with supporting air and ground assets, will conduct ongoing combat operations in the Clafghan region to prevent the situation from any further deterioration.
To conduct aggressive patrols of the region, gather intelligence about enemy activity and seek out and destroy insurgent forces, whilst protecting the civilian population.
1st Platoon will move into the established base in the south of the province and conduct patrols from there. Tasks will comprise the collection of intelligence from the local population, combat patrols of the area and reconnaissance of known enemy areas.
Detailed taskings will be provided prior to each movement into the AO.
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT:
- People clearly identified as being armed are to be observed. If they point a weapon in the direction of friendly forces, they are to be engaged.
- Any armed person firing upon friendly forces are to be engaged
- When possible, civilians are to be stopped, questioned and if there is any indication they are hostile, they are to be searched. If they are found with any items of interest on their person, they are to be detained and placed into custody and taken to the Detention Centre.
ADMIN & LOGISTICS:
- Specific patrol commanders and composition will be issued prior to each patrol.
- There are sufficient resources for each patrol and they will be allocated prior to movement,
- Vehicles and aircraft are a limited resource, to be used sparingly and IAW SOP. If vehicles or aircraft are unservicable, they will be repaired in the field. If they are destroyed, we need to requisition replacements which could take up to a week. (In short, if it's destroyed, you're not getting another one until the next session - this is not a toy box for those that like trashing stuff)
COMMAND AND SIGNALS:
- Short Range Radio: Channel 1 - Freq 150
- Long Range Radio: Channel 1 - Freq 50
How this will work
- This mission is a persistent, ongoing mission and each week a mission session will be run. At the completion of the session the mission will be saved and the next session will pick up where the previous session left off.
- Attendance is obviously strongly encouraged, but if you decide not to attend the mission it will continue regardless as part of the campaign.
- Missions will be assigned dependant on the numbers of players attending. Small tasks for small numbers, larger tasks for larger groups.
- Tasks are not simply patrol and kill stuff, they will include gathering of intelligence, recon of enemy held areas, deployment to repair and recover damaged assets, and a pretty much unlimited number of other tasks limited only by our imagination. The ALiVE setup and mission that Tyee has created is quite simply awesome.
- Missions will involve infantry, air and vehicle operations.
- AI are very clever, and they will actively seek you out and attempt to kill you or destroy friendly resources (they are patrolling and gathering intelligence too)
- The campaign will run for as long as it takes to complete all tasks and objectives. It literally could take months for us to complete.
- Many civilians are not friendly and they will manufacture and place IED, carry concealed weapons (and use them) and carry intelligence. Be aware of all civilians.
If you have any questions please let me know. A lot of work has been put into this, and I hope you'll find it enjoyable. It's certainly a step up from the normal tac mission routine. Regular normal tac missions will still be run on when ready.