Welcome to Online Combat Battalion - Australian Tactical Gaming Group
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

MSO - Clafghan Under Construction

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 8,984 posts

• Captain
  • 1st Platoon - Active Member

msoclaf.png

Tyee is currently working on an MSO for the Clafghan map.    What's an MSO?   A multi session operation (MSO) where a campaign can be played as persistent and saved at the completion of each mission or session.   It means we can have a series of missions over time, and each one picking up from where the last one left off, it's very cool.  Once it's working correctly, I'm going to port this to other maps as well so we can enjoy this setup on European maps as well as the middle eastern ones.

This is achieved by using the ALiVE mod, which not only enables the MSO setup, but it streams all in server actions to the alivemod.com War Room, which records and lists all stats.   ALiVE is also a dynamic mission generation mod, where missions and tasks can be created in game, support and logistics and other cool things can be done with it.

You can check out the War Room Here.   You can also check out the OCB ORBAT Page there to see our stats (from a long while back) which will give you an indication of how the battle feed streams and records stats.   See that here

I will be sending invites for current members to sign up to our ALiVE ORBAT soon.

• Tyee likes this

FEAR

FEAR

OCB Member

• OCB 1st Platoon
  • 890 posts

• Corporal
This would be cool. Will there be a need for active server admin's?

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 8,984 posts

• Captain
Yes there will be a need for active admins to oversee and create tasks etc.

We have a few admins, but some aren't around much, so I'll send out details to those who are active.
  • FEAR likes this