Briefing - Operation FURY
The last known brotherhood of jihad forces have retreated to their spiritual homeland of Clafghan Afghanistan. EL ISLAM, who has avoided numerous attempts to kill or capture him has established his operations base in Ovallestan north the region. BOJ have not attempted to hide their presence in the area, and all of their forces have been recalled to their new base. They are stock piling ammunition and weapons and have moved all their vehicles into the base area.
The Afghan National Army has provided us with a main operations base at Prozakhar in the south of the province called MOB WINTERS.
The terrain is mountainous with light to medium vegetation. Due to the terrain and the narrow roads which are littered with IED, vehicle mounted operations are slow and costly, and have little to no chance of success.
BOJ have gathered a large number of troops that are in and around Ovallestan. They are well equipped with small arms and ammunition. They have many vehicles including light armoured and soft skinned vehicles.
EL ISLAM is confirmed to be in Ovallestan by SF elements undertaking surveillance.
There are groups of up to 50 enemy fighters leaving Ovallestan for patrols that last for up to a week. The SF Recon have not been able to track the movements of these groups. They are known to be attempting to dislodge friendly forces and attacks against ANA troops and installations have been frequent.
- Local Afghan Forces who conduct patrols of the area to disrupt enemy activity. They are dressed in dark camouflage uniforms. They are to be used as a spear head for any direct infantry actions against the enemy. It's their fight and their country.
- OCB Recon Section (Callsign Fox 1-0)
- OCB Fire Support Section (2 members) (callsign HAMMER)
- OCB Support Company Aircraft: (2 members)
- 2 X AH64 Apaches (Callsigns Sabre 1 and Sabre 2)
- Artillery: 2 X M109A6 at FSB HOWARD
- 2 X M119A2 at MOB WINTERS
Assist the ANA to destroy all remaining BOJ forces. Provide FS for the ANA assault.
- FOX 1-0 are to move by airlift to FOB NIXON
- HAMMER to move by airlift to FSB HOWARD
- SABRE 1 & 2 to remain on standby at MOB WINTERS
- FOX to move west from FOB CONNOR to an area on the hills overlooking the target to the south of the area and commence observation of enemy stronghold - Report initial observation to Zero-Alpha - advise of LOC and EN strength estimate. No further SITREP required unless requested.
- ANA forces are scheduled to move to the EN area from the east moving west, approx 0500 hrs to commence an assault of the target area. We are there to support their assault. ANA Staging area is at Kepsora Grid: 142169
- Prior to ANA attack, Hammer and Reaper support to be used to eliminate enemy vehicles and other heavy assets
- Once ANA attack has started, Sabre will be used to provide CAS to the ANA troops.
- FOX is to utilise all means available to support the assault.
- Once ANA attack as fought through the enemy position, FOX is to conduct patrol of target area to ensure the BOJ leader has been destroyed.
ADMIN & LOG:
- Standard supplies of small arms and ammunition available at FOB.
- Briefing to be conducted at the TOC
- Equipment collection limited to 5 minutes (and only AFTER briefing)
- Collection of sniper rifles with long range scopes to be utilised to assist ANA attack from a distance
- Binoculars, laser designators and spare batteries for the designators to be equipped.
- 1 X Pilot & Gunner - TBA
- Fox 1-0 Element Commander Capt Tromac
- FSB Hammer Section - Capt VALOUR & Pte HOWIE
COMMAND AND SIGNALS
- Element Commander Capt VALOUR is AO Commander for this deployment. Callsign Zero-Alpha.
- SIG to be sorted in game
- CLEARLY IDENTIFY ANY ENEMY FORCES BEFORE ENGAGING
- IF FIRED UPON RETURN FIRE
There have been some additions. 3den Enhanced (very small), Eden Objects (Small) Clafghan (large), Project Opfor (large)
Please test all these including TFR prior to mission start
MOD NOTE TO ALL TROOPS - LISTED MODS ONLY - NO OTHER MODS TO BE USED WITH THE EXCEPTION OF BLASTCORE AND JSRS - NO ENHANCED MOVEMENT OR OTHER WEIRD STUFF.
EDIT: CUP TERRAINS - MAPS IS NOT REQUIRED. CORE IS.