Welcome to Online Combat Battalion - Australian Tactical Gaming Group
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Public Server Missions - Have your say

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: What Missions/Maps do you want on the public server? (7 member(s) have cast votes)

What Type of Mission do you want to play (Non Tac public mission)?

1. Insurgency Type Missions (endless red squares, sometimes with objectives) (1 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

2. Domination Type Missions (Attack locations and do side missions) (6 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

3. Liberation Type Missions (Set up, take ground, gather resources) (3 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

4. Team vs Team Missions (including TvT domination) (2 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

5. Invade & Annex (which is basically a domination rip off) (2 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

What Maps do you want to play on?

1. Chernarus (6 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

2. Takistan (5 votes [14.71%])

Percentage of vote: 14.71%

3. Altis (3 votes [8.82%])

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

4. Stratis (1 votes [2.94%])

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

5. Sangin (2 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

6. Kunduz (3 votes [8.82%])

7. Clafghan (4 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

8. Ruha (3 votes [8.82%])

9. Bornholm (3 votes [8.82%])

10. Other European map (2 votes [5.88%])

11. Other middle eastern map (2 votes [5.88%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain

Wracking my brain trying to work out what type of mission to load onto the public server, what map to consistently run etc.  So here is a poll, which is for members and guests for you to have your say.

Until Patrol Ops 4 comes out, we need a stable mission that players like.  In addition to voting, your comments are welcome.

Your feedback will determine the missions and maps we are going to run.  Keep in mind that much of the time, the public server will be running standard Arma 3 maps with no mods; pub players can't join our servers if we run other stuff.   Our custom mods and maps (Tactical Missions & Training Server) can run whatever you want all the time.  Progression of players from the public server to the custom stuff is up to us and how we encourage players to 'level up' so to speak to more in game content.

• Tromac and Mulesy like this

Mulesy

Mulesy

Forum Novice

• General User
  • 163 posts

Liberation made me fall in love with arma 2, that is the one where you start out with an MHQ and have to set up a base right? 

• Valour likes this

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain

Yep, it's good but it's hard, which is ok with me.   And it runs for hours, not like some of the other missions we have that are over in a flash.  I really like Dynamic Combat Ops, but there are only a few tasks and then it's over.

• Mulesy likes this

red5

red5

Platoon Sergeant - 1st Platoon

• OCB BHQ
  • 139 posts

• Sergeant
  • 1st Platoon - Active Member, (PlanetSide 2 ), (Rising Storm Vietnam), (Day of Infamy)

Been mucking around with Antistasi Redux which is focus on Guerilla/Resistance style warfare on Chernarus Redux map which makes Chernarus looks like Stalker/Metro 2033.

• Valour and Mulesy like this

Mulesy

Mulesy

Forum Novice

• General User
  • 163 posts

Keen as to give liberation a whirl again then. As for what you said Red, +1 for me if it makes it look like stalker/metro, love those games.

• red5 likes this

Ozone

Ozone

Forum Novice

• Guests
  • 124 posts

liberation would be good if u had more resources at the start not heavy vehicles like tanks and stuff but yeah

Edited by Ozone, 22 May 2018 - 08:16 PM.

• Valour likes this

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain
Our main server ran Liberation all of last weekend. Not a single player other than me actually played it. Ozone dropped in quickly but didn't hang around.

Domination seems to be the most popular choice and its my preferred option as well.

Im editing and fixing up more All out Warfare missions as well which I'll upload wheb they are done.

Tromac

Tromac

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 3,502 posts

Always a fan of Domination as you can get the MHQ in place and then do your own thing if there is not many on. Though of course it's better with more players. Is there any particular night that suits most to play public games on? If so I'll make sure I am available.

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain
Friday, Wednesday and Sunday seem to be the most popular nights.

As for me, if I'm not working, I'm on from 9pm. Roster has been getting screwed lately which is annoying.

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain

I'll set up the main server for CUP Domination Chernarus.  I did drop all the mods so that pubbers could join with vanilla settings, but it's not getting used by pub players.  Seems they are all playing Life, Exile or King of the Hill.