Welcome to Online Combat Battalion - Australian Tactical Gaming Group
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Mission Briefing - Operation Road Warrior

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain

rw.png

Briefing - Operation road warrior

SITUATION:

MOD NOTE TO ALL TROOPS - RHS, CUP, TFR AND KUNDUZ MAP ONLY - NO OTHER MODS TO BE USED. (blastcore and JRHS are ok)

Most of the Kunduz province has been secured by an interim provincial government who have stepped in to prevent the BOJ from re-establishing themselves in the area after EL ISLAM and his forces moved to Sangin.  The local Afghan forces have done a reasonable job in their security operations within the region.

The BOJ left the local civilians a parting gift, a series of anti personnel and anti tank mines on one of the main routes through the area between Chahar Dara and Tal Kar. This route runs north, south in the eastern part of the area.  Locals are unable to use this route due to the mines, and the local forces to not have the expertise to clear the roads and make them safe.  Local forces have identified the devices and marked the start and end of each stretch of road that has been mined.

mine_start.png

Above picture showing markers placed to indicate the START of a mined area

mine_end.png

Above picture showing markers placed to indicate the END of a mined area

The local Afghan military as reported that a small number of insurgents remain and they are continuing their attempts to place mines and IED's to disrupt the local population.  Afghan forces have engaged and killed four insurgents in the last three weeks, however they believe more are present in the area.

OCB has established a FOB just south of Tal Gozar which is at the southern border of the province.

TOPOGRAPHY:

The terrain ranges from low flat meadows to small hills and some steep ridges near the eastern road, villages, ditches and light vegetation.    There are dirt tracks and some sealed roads. 

ENEMY:

Intelligence reports indicate small groups of insurgent IED teams are still active in the area.  They have limited resources, no vehicles but may be well stocked with small arms and basic military equipment.   The enemy forces are not locals, and have not been seen wearing the traditional clothing associated with Afghans.

They are believed to be using a compound somewhere in the vicinity of Anbar Tappeh to manufacture IED's.

FRIENDLIES:

• Local Afghan Forces who conduct patrols of the area to disrupt enemy activity.
  • OCB Engineer section (Clearance Team - Callsign Echo 1-0)
  • OCB Support Company Pilots X 2 (Callsign Sabre 2-2)

MISSION 

To clear the mines and IED from the eastern road and locate and destroy the IED factory in the vicinity of Anbar Tappeh.

EXECUTION:

• OCB Section commanders will be tasked to deploy via APC from the FOB and then patrol the eastern road.
  • Troops are to dismount when mine indicator signs are observed and commence clearing the devices.  Devices are to be disarmed by Engineers if possible.  If this is not possible, Explosive Experts are to use charges to detonate devices.
  • APC Crew Commander and Driver are to remain in the APC's to provide support for the clearance team if required.
  • Aviation element (Sabre 2-2) are to conduct aerial recon over the clearance team for the duration of the mission to provide information to them on any unexpected movements on the ground.
  • Once the eastern road has been cleared, Echo 1-0 is then to move east to the vicinity of Anbar Tappeh to search for the IED factory.  
  • Sabre 2-2 is conduct high altitude recon of the Anbar Tappeh area and provide intelligence to the clearance team.
  • Battalion HQ element will remain at the FOB to direct the operation.
  • Mortar fire support to be called by request to Zero Alpha if required.
  • Sabre 2-2 to avoid engaging ground targets unless requested by Echo 1-0.

ADMIN & LOG:

• Small arms and ammunition available at FOB.
  • 3 x M113A3 APC to be used in the deployment
  • 1 X M113A3 Medical is at the FOB if required
  • 2 X 81mm Mortars are situated at FOB.
  • 1 X AH6-M Little Bird at FOB for Sabre 2-2

ROLE ASSIGNMENTS:

• Sabre 2-2 CAPT Tromac (Pilot) & CPL Beatle Bug (Observer)
  • Echo 1-0 Section Commander - CPL Mulesy
  • Remainder of Echo 1-0 roles to be assigned by CPL Mulesy

COMMAND AND SIGNALS

• Element Commander Capt VALOUR is AO Commander for this deployment.  Callsign Zero-Alpha. 

ROE

• CLEARLY IDENTIFY ANY ENEMY FORCES BEFORE ENGAGING
  • IF FIRED UPON RETURN FIRE

• Tromac, Ozone and Mulesy like this

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain

Assignments may need to be changed depending on numbers.

• Mulesy likes this

Mulesy

Mulesy

Forum Novice

• General User
  • 163 posts

Something that most of us haven't done in a tac mission so far, look forward to it. Lets all try and make it back with all our limbs!

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain

You won't...

ieds.jpg

• FEAR and Mulesy like this

Tromac

Tromac

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 3,502 posts

OMG the pressure  :biggrin: in the pilot slot. Must practise... must practise.... must not embarrass myself

• FEAR and Valour like this

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain

OMG the pressure  :biggrin: in the pilot slot. Must practise... must practise.... must not embarrass myself

Ha!  You could do that task with your eyes shut!

red5

red5

Platoon Sergeant - 1st Platoon

• OCB BHQ
  • 139 posts

• Sergeant
  • 1st Platoon - Active Member, (PlanetSide 2 ), (Rising Storm Vietnam), (Day of Infamy)

Are we allowed to use other OCB member to clear the landmines?

If so I put forward Laurance as Fodder Meat shield Head mine sweeper.  :teehee:

Edited by red5, 17 May 2018 - 05:54 PM.

• Tromac, FEAR, Valour and 2 others like this

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain

Just put on some Rick Astley, he won't be able to resist dancing into the minefield!

• Mulesy, Laurance and red5 like this

Laurance

Laurance

OCB Member

• OCB 1st Platoon
  • 163 posts

• Corporal
  • 1st Platoon - Active Member

Are we allowed to use other OCB member to clear the landmines?

If so I put forward Laurence as Fodder Meat shield Head mine sweeper.  :teehee:

Knowing me I'd do it unintentionally hahahaha.

• Valour, Mulesy and red5 like this

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain
You're going to have to be careful. 1st person, no red markers are going to pop up to warn you of a mine.

I'm expecting casualties.
  • Mulesy and Laurance like this

red5

red5

Platoon Sergeant - 1st Platoon

• OCB BHQ
  • 139 posts

• Sergeant
  • 1st Platoon - Active Member, (PlanetSide 2 ), (Rising Storm Vietnam), (Day of Infamy)

Hope everyone is running blastcore then.

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain

LOL.  If you're going to be blown up, it might as well be pretty!

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain

Just so everyone is clear about the mods required for the mission, here is a list.

rwmods2.png

We haven't had any mod issues at mission time so far, let's have it stay that way.  You may run client side mods such as Blastcore and JSRS as well, but that's up to you.

• Mulesy, Laurance and red5 like this

FEAR

FEAR

OCB Member

• OCB Member
  • 927 posts

• Corporal

Just so everyone is clear about the mods required for the mission, here is a list.

rwmods2.png

We haven't had any mod issues at mission time so far, let's have it stay that way.  You may run client side mods such as Blastcore and JSRS as well, but that's up to you.

Thankyou on to it now.

• Valour and Laurance like this

Tromac

Tromac

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 3,502 posts

Just put on some Rick Astley, he won't be able to resist dancing into the minefield!

That's only cause you're never gunna give him up.... never gunna let him down.....

• Valour and Laurance like this

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain
LOL.

We have 10 players confirmed for the mission. Should be a good one.
  • Laurance likes this

Tromac

Tromac

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 3,502 posts

What's the approximate in game mission time boss?

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain
It should take 1.5 possibly two hours. We'll attempt to start a bit earlier if everyone is ready.

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain

Navigation is going to be a challenge.  Vehicle crew commanders MUST be on the ball with where they are.   There is NO in game map markers in this mission.

The below maps may assist those in command to know where they are and where they need to be.

kunduz_helper.png

kunduz_helper2.png

kunduz_helper3.png

FEAR

FEAR

OCB Member

• OCB Member
  • 927 posts

• Corporal

I missed one mod,  CUP Terrains CWA.. it was a 2.1g update so thats me done, being that Im still on ADSL... spewing