Welcome to Online Combat Battalion - Australian Tactical Gaming Group
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Arma 3 DLC

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

red5

red5

Platoon Sergeant - 1st Platoon

• OCB BHQ
  • 139 posts

• Sergeant
  • 1st Platoon - Active Member, (PlanetSide 2 ), (Rising Storm Vietnam), (Day of Infamy)

Hey guys with A3 Tanks DLC coming soon that I might start a thread about it.

"Following our well-established DLC model, the Arma 3 Tanks DLC will build on the experience of armored combat in Arma 3 by delivering 3 new armored vehicles, new playable content, and more. The package will be accompanied by a free platform update, which will implement new features and improvements related to tracked and armored vehicles."

-Official DLC Description

Confirmed

- 3 New MBT's

- enhancements to the PhysX simulation for tracked vehicles

- fully detailed interiors for existing and premium armoured ground vehicles

Not Confirmed

- Enhanced Thermal Vision in Vehicles

- Realistic Ballistic Armour Penitration

- More Defences for Armoured Vehicles (ARENA, SHTORA, etc)
- AI Improvements

- Different armour and weapon attachments for tanks

- Realistic Turning speed for Turrets.

What do you guys think? looking forward for more content? or just think is money grab by Bistudios?

I'm looking forward to improvements in armoured combat but think there should be more than 3 tanks in the DLC.

• Tyee and Ozone like this

Ozone

Ozone

Forum Novice

• Guests
  • 124 posts

looks like a good DLC but there should be more then 3 tanks tight arses

• red5 likes this

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain

I'd like to see more stuff, but I'm not a huge fan of the futuristic stuff still preferring the old hardware (CUP mod).  It is of course a grab for cash as well, I mean, they have to make money, and they have tried with many things to do that like DLC and that horrible mobile based crap they were pushing not long ago.

It still amazes me that after all this time they still haven't fixed the basic stuff in the game that's broken.  The list of bugs and faults is still huge in spite of years of the game being out.  They are happy to give us more content, but the basics are still broken and I don't get it.   Arma 2 was the same, they never fixed the basic stuff for the entire life of the game.

The playing community fixed a lot of damaged stuff, and I'd say with a reasonable degree of certainty that BI lifted a big chunk of 'their' new content from the community's hard work.   The game concept is still sound, and the fact that it's possible to mod is a great credit to BI but other stuff is going to overtake Arma with the majority of gamers, simply because newer games have less broken stuff and are more fun.

Hoping the Armour DLC has something good.   I still don't have the helicopter DLC because I thought it was a rip off to get it to fly a couple of new choppers, that I don't rate anyway.  Depending on the content of this new one, I may not buy that either.

• red5 likes this

Tromac

Tromac

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 3,502 posts

I had funds in my Steam Wallet so purchased it. Haven't checked it out yet so I'll let you all know when I do.

• Valour likes this

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain

Look forward to your report.