Welcome to Online Combat Battalion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Hell Let Loose - Is looking good

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 8,805 posts

• Captain
  • 1st Platoon - Active Member, (Battlefield 1), (Rising Storm Vietnam), (Day of Infamy)

Even though it's pre alpha, it's looking pretty good.   It's certainly not a CoD type shooter and that's a good thing.

• red5 likes this

red5

red5

OCB Member

• OCB 1st Platoon
  • 40 posts

• Private Proficient
  • 1st Platoon - Active Member, (Rising Storm Vietnam)

Got a feeling this is just going to end up like Squad with a WW2 skin.
I want to be proven wrong but so many kick starters have attempted similar scopes and end up back firing.

• Valour and Laurance like this

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 8,805 posts

• Captain
  • 1st Platoon - Active Member, (Battlefield 1), (Rising Storm Vietnam), (Day of Infamy)

You could be right.   Getting the balance between arcade and realism seems to be very elusive for game developers; they tend to go too far one way or the other.    

There seemed to be a lot of sneaking and hiding in buildings and around corners, which seemed very squad like to me.   They call it a platoon based game, but platoons don't operate that way, but that's open to the interpretation of the players I guess.

I really hope it's a good game, there is just nothing right now that takes my interest all that much.   I've been playing BF1 and GTA V!

• red5 likes this

red5

red5

OCB Member

• OCB 1st Platoon
  • 40 posts

• Private Proficient
  • 1st Platoon - Active Member, (Rising Storm Vietnam)

I really hope it's a good game, there is just nothing right now that takes my interest all that much.   I've been playing BF1 and GTA V!

Was hoping RS2:V would scratch my mp itch longer than it did, to bad the community turned toxic I've been enjoying BF1.

• Valour likes this

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 8,805 posts

• Captain

Yep, I'm finding the BF1 community to be less toxic than RS2V players, which surprises me.