Welcome to Online Combat Battalion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Player Unknown's Battleground

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 8,778 posts

• Captain
  • 1st Platoon - Active Member, (Battlefield 1), (Rising Storm Vietnam), (Day of Infamy)

This isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea, but in a squad, this is a great team player fun game that really gets the blood pumping.  One life, no respawns, find your weapons and gear, and try to be the last squad/man standing.

• Tromac and Mulesy like this

Tromac

Tromac

OCB Member

• OCB Officer
  • 3,472 posts

• 1st Platoon - Active Member

So last night Valour and I played some Duo rounds of PUBG and boy oh boy was it a blast!

This one round Valour had dropped a fair distance away from me and had other pairs on either side of him. I knew we wouldn't survive long if we didn't link up quick smart so I jumped in a buggy that was near my landing spot and raced South to find him. He was a lot further off than I had thought but I found him holed up in a group of farm houses. Screeching to a halt outside we linked up, finished searching the area and then headed North towards the police station at Yasnaya Polyana. On the way Val says "The circle is to our South" so I slam on the brakes thinking damn we need guns, but turn South and start accelerating over the hills.

Now I'm not 100% sure this is all from the same round, but who am I to let the truth get in the way of a good story!

We come to another collection of farm houses, some two story, some single story. There's a stone wall around the perimeter, making it look pretty good for a position. It's also a decent way into the next safe zone so we decide to set up and wait things out. By this time Val has an SKS and I'm using a M416 and a suppressed UMP. We hear people running around outside of the house we've taken shelter in, see heads move past the windows. I take a shot at him and get rounds on but no kill so the element of surprise is blown. We know there is at least one out there, no sound of a partner. Do we push on him in hope that he is healing up? Or do we wait for him to come to us?

Hell no we push, Val takes the right flank and I move out around the left flank. We push around the outside of the walls and as I turn the corner there is old mate kneeling down healing. Bad luck fella I mutter as I empty my UMP into him point blank. Val pushes up from the other side and I guard as he loots the corpse. We then retreat back into the house and that's when things get interesting.

We hear footsteps, everywhere! There's more than one outside now on both sides of the house. They know we're here! Val takes up position at the back door and I hide in a bathroom, he's watching back inside towards me and I'm watching the back door he is next to. We wait, hearts pounding, breathing heavy, they're coming! The back door opens, Val is obscured by the door as the bad guy comes into the room. Val opens up and he turns around in surprise, bad news for him cause I then open up from behind him with the UMP downing him. His partner in the mean time has come inside from the front of the house and is moving to help his team mate. He bursts into the room gunning for Val, totally oblivious to my presence behind him. The UMP goes to work again and he is killed, along with his downed comrade.

We continued on this round for some time and made it to 6th place but my god it was a blast! Thanks Val for a fantastic game.

• Valour, Ozone, Mulesy and 1 other like this

Ozone

Ozone

OCB Member

• OCB 1st Platoon
  • 54 posts

• Private Proficient

is it eazy to found guns?

Tromac

Tromac

OCB Member

• OCB Officer
  • 3,472 posts

is it eazy to found guns?

Yep, normally. Some locations have a better chance to spawn more powerful guns than others. But sometimes you also are just Shit outta luck.

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 8,778 posts

• Captain
  • 1st Platoon - Active Member, (Battlefield 1), (Rising Storm Vietnam), (Day of Infamy)

Great write up Tromac!  It was an absolute blast.

It's not the type of game I normally play, but I'm loving it.   Knowing you have limited time and resources, and you are being hunted by about 90 other players ensures an adrenaline rush each time you play.   You see an enemy, and the heart rate goes up.   You start taking fire and then you run hard to get into cover and then you have to try to get on a flank or work out an escape route without being seen.   Sometimes you have a revolver and the enemy is shooting at you with an AKM, you have to escape before you get nailed.

Working with a team mate makes it so much better, and because Tromac and I know each other so well, it works a treat.   Looking forward to many more games!

• Tromac likes this

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 8,778 posts

• Captain

Sadly, it seems hacks have already made their way into the game.

Today I watched a guy parachuting to the ground very close to me and ALREADY ARMED WITH AN AKM BEFORE HE HIT THE GROUND.   Needless to say, I was dead within seconds.

A saw another guy whose parachute did NOT open, he simply flew onto a rooftop and once he landed was already fully equipped and wiped me out instantly.   I really hope the game devs jump on this quickly.

A sad acknowledgment by the devs, who already have a page for people to report hackers.

http://forums.playba...r-step-by-step/

Tromac

Tromac

OCB Member

• OCB Officer
  • 3,472 posts

Sadly, it seems hacks have already made their way into the game.

Today I watched a guy parachuting to the ground very close to me and ALREADY ARMED WITH AN AKM BEFORE HE HIT THE GROUND.   Needless to say, I was dead within seconds.

A saw another guy whose parachute did NOT open, he simply flew onto a rooftop and once he landed was already fully equipped and wiped me out instantly.   I really hope the game devs jump on this quickly.

That's sad news. I haven't seen any that I know of but alas it was a matter of time. The Dev's are pretty good so hopefully it gets sorted quickly.

Tromac

Tromac

OCB Member

• OCB Officer
  • 3,472 posts

Can report cheats here http://forums.playba...r-step-by-step/