Locate and eliminate the Snake.
The section deployed from main base, with one missing as he'd spawned at the FOB to the south. He RV'd with main force after they deployed.
Deployment to FOB by air - no issues and no contact with enemy en route.
MOVEMENT TO ENEMY SUPPLY AREA
By B vehicle, no issues. The enemy supply area was located undefended and a number of enemy vehicles destroyed.
MOVEMENT TO MAIN TARGET AREA
The going was slow due to terrain and vegetation. Enemy forces were contacted about 1000m away from Pavlovo which slowed the advance and resulted in a few casualties. Enemy had deployed BTR vehicles with infantry support which caused some issues for friendly forces.
Terrain again was an issue, as friendly approach was from the low ground, with the enemy holding a higher position. Roving infantry patrols also caused some difficulty and slowed the advance.
When armour was deployed, the second vehicle was destroyed by enemy in the forest which were difficult to observe.
MAIN TARGET AREA
Again, roving enemy infantry caused some problems and held up the advance. The primary target was situated in the forest to the north west of Pavlovo in a fortified area, that was clearly still being constructed. The area was defended by 4+ enemy sections including GL and AT elements.
EXFIL FROM MAIN TARGET AREA
There were still enemy sections contacting us from the east of the LZ. These were dealt with by our armour.
No contact en route back to OCB main base.
MAIN BASE DEFENCE
On arrival at main base, there were significant enemy forces at the northern part of the airfield which consisted of infantry. Examination following the contact identified these forces as Russian equipped militia, some in uniform and some in mixed uniform and civilian clothing.
The vehicles destroyed were the ones used to steal ammo from a factory to the east.
Fixes / Issues:
- One of the mission triggers failed to work - no critical but annoying
- The mission spawns would not work in the online server; even though they had been previously tested and working fine. - Must ID issue and fix.
- Teleport or similar needs to be established to shorten post spawn deployment. We could go realism, but it would take longer to deploy again as we found.
- Might have been better if the time had been set earlier in the morning to keep it darker for longer.
- Infantry and trigger could have been added to enemy supply area to improve mission flow.
- Mission briefing should be undertaken prior to deployment to brief all members on scenario and what is known or not known about the mission
- Ideally, the mission maker has an overall command role, and assigns tasks to various elements, without giving anything away. This adds to the immersion.
- Good squad tactics - sticking together most of the time.
- Good fast engagements on enemy
- Basic but effective target indications
Feedback most welcome.