Welcome to Online Combat Battalion - Australian Tactical Gaming Group
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

AAR: [PEK] Morning Glory

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

PabloElKillo

PabloElKillo

Discharged

• General User
  • 220 posts

Thanks for coming tonight guys.

Please post any constructive criticism/feedback below.

(My next TAC is a follow up, dealing with the repercussions of us bombing a mosque :o)

Edited by PabloElKillo, 30 June 2014 - 12:15 AM.

Reddeth

Reddeth

Always Welcome

• General User
  • 677 posts

I liked the pre-mission training exercise, it was nice and brief and to the point.

On the actual Op, I saw the following very minor issues:
1. Op Sydney was too far from town to get accurate obs without turning view distance and graphics options to max. Not everyone has a computer that can handle that.
2. Due to low player numbers several squads were in danger of being overrun by the enemy counterattack, which I guess was unintended but made Bravo's experience a little short and sharp. In hindsight perhaps we should of ditched one of the Op's to keep the remaining squads strong and more survivable. I love tough missions myself, but many guys like to have a fighting chance in a no respawn Tac.

Good mission, thanks for making it.
  • Beny likes this

Beny

Beny

Forum Novice

• General User
  • 468 posts

2. Due to low player numbers several squads were in danger of being overrun by the enemy counterattack, which I guess was unintended but made Bravo's experience a little short and sharp. In hindsight perhaps we should of ditched one of the Op's to keep the remaining squads strong and more survivable. I love tough missions myself, but many guys like to have a fighting chance in a no respawn Tac.

AND ENTIRE COMPANY! 38 dudes man! 4 Platoons. That's not including the ones we managed to kill.
Bravo didn't have a snow mans chance in hell. It was great though. Knowing that if I died I died. I was scared when those guys came up behind us so that was really well done.
But yes, 4 platoons/1 Coy against 4 guys (5 including Hells in the town) is a little bit unfair. Special Forces or not.
But since this was designed for more people, I guess it was alright.

PabloElKillo

PabloElKillo

Discharged

• General User
  • 220 posts

Thanks guys. Feedback noted.

Regarding the large number of Opfor, losing our CAS made a big difference. In testing the mission, well placed gun runs from the A-164s were devastating against the attacking AI and should have allowed each OP to be defended. Lesson learnt: always have a back up for mission critical assets.

My follow up mission will be more MOUT/CQB so the view distance won't be an issue and I'll give 0-A more execution options to keep whole unit together to better defend against any Opfor attacks.
  • Beny and Reddeth like this

Xerxes

Xerxes

Retired

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

I really liked the mission, it went off perfectly, which is a big accomplishment for a first tac. Congratulations.

My only issue was with the loadouts. Without shift clicking, the JTAC could have really used some M203 smoke, personally I never leave home without it. With a range finder, hitting a target with coloured smoke at maximum range is a piece of cake and it gives the pilot a nice visual reference for targets. You may also want to rethink the mag loadout, 23 is abit over the top.

Otherwise, good work, triggers worked nicely, enemy QRF was right on time and the mission pacing and tones was awesome.
  • PabloElKillo likes this