Welcome to Online Combat Battalion - Australian Tactical Gaming Group
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Why 6.5mm you ask? - Good Read

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Dunhill

Dunhill

Forum Novice

• General User
  • 139 posts

I can't remember who it was who asked, but just after the custom mod server starting sporting the M-4 and Mk-18 packs someone was asking about the default ARMA 3 weapons and their native caliber. This of coarse lead to the typical discussion of 5.56 vs 7.62 NATO rounds, but during the discussion no one really seemed to know much about the 6.5mm round or the logic behind BI adopting this and the subsequent weapons systems for ARMA 3's near future setting.

Stumbled on this article at work, and though it might present some good reading for those interested in learning about the real-world parallels of the guns we play with in the digital battle-space, and its future potential as the standard round for the US military (speculative).

http://www.shootingt...-ought-to-have/
  • FoxesTrot likes this

Highway

Highway

Former Member

• General User
  • 607 posts

My simplest answer was a compromise between 556 and 762 but for me I will always go 762 and feel half assed taking 556.

ren111

ren111

Always Welcome

• General User
  • 452 posts

If you can handle the weight, and higher recoil IRL a lot of people including me would all rock 7.62. U can have m4 styled systems I.e. Hk417 as a cqb gun and just gain the added stopping and penetration power.

While the 5.56 has it's own good use, it doesn't outmatch the 7.62 by a long shot.... Literally.