Every day, I am reminding players of our server rules and the most common one being ignored is the rule that if you are flying an aircraft in our servers, or you are in a pilot slot (indicating your intent to fly), you must be in our team speak server!
This rule pops up as a written message on our servers whenever you join, so there is NO EXCUSE for not being aware.
Not only are people ignoring this rule, but some are even challenging the validity of the rule, asking why they should have to comply with it. Here is some important information about why we have the rule, and why you should comply:
Why We have the no TS, no fly rule
- The rule is in place because in game voice communication is quite often poor and we want to be able to effectively coordinate aircraft resources to support the troops on the ground. The choppers are not in the server so you can use them as your personal taxi, they are there to support the infantry, and if we cannot communicate with you, don't bother flying.
- The rule also discourages the young teenage players who somehow think they are God's gift to aviation from flying. Experience says that players such as this like to try and impress the players on the server with their flying skill. The same experience also indicates that this often results in the pilot crashing the chopper, normally when it's full, and almost always into something important.
- Some think that simply being in Team Speak and choosing not to talk or communicate makes them safe! NO, pilots are expected to COMMUNICATE. Don't sit in TS as a pilot and say nothing, this will not assist anyone!
Why you should comply with the rule
- The rule is designed to make the resource use better coordinated. If this is achieved, everyone has a better game
- The rule is displayed in a text popup when you enter the server. You cannot say you didn't know (which is common)
- If you do not comply with the rule, you will be given one warning, and then kicked from the server
- If you return and continue to ignore the warning, you will be banned.
Questioning the rule
Some players are not only ignoring the rule after being warned, some are actually wanting to argue with an admin over the rule, asking for an explanation for why the rule exists and why should obey it.
Even after it's explained, some still choose to complain about it. The solution is quite simple: if our server rules don't suit you, don't play in our servers.
Does that make sense, or do I need to make another picture?