Recon platoon is to move to the objective location utlising IDF support from Fire Base Sparkles
Mission start was delayed almost an hour due to server connectivity issues possibly relating to the server reboot or the mission itself.
Upon mission start a 5min pre planned fire mission commenced and the infantry moved out of the start positions to a 3 up platoon formation approx 5km west of the objective Novy Sobor.
1x enemy squad kia was found in break out point showing good effect from the pre planned fire mission.
OCB occupied positions around Pustoshka without being compromised. Hasty ambushes were effected on enemy patrolling teams.
Targets in open identified from the area around Pustoshka and engaged by IDF but due to map grid issues they were approximately 1-200 metres off target. Once a map marker system was setup, targets were effectively engaged and destroyed.
OCB began a platoon movement towards the objective across open and relatively featureless ground encountering multiple contacts with enemy vodniks and infantry.
IDF support was crucial in supporting the infantry and prepping areas ahead. It was a awesome sight to see whole hillsides get lit up, especially as the evening came.
Two fracticides occuried when fire was brought in on Stary Sobor. This was both a combination of fire being brought in too close and rounds falling off target. The attached image shows the location of the platoon exactly when the incident occurred. As you can see both Delta and Bravo have a death wish. Fraps shows the round landing 80 degrees from 1-A at a distance of 100m approx. So that's right on Delta killing 2. The next round falls 100m north of 1-A right on top of Charlie. Luckily no one was killed (apparently). The x markers show the requested fire mission.
The rest of the mission went in a similar fashion with night falling and the platoon taking advantage of the night fighting equipment available although long range optics were rendered useless. The final rush to the objective was made under the cover of willie pete.
Fixes / Issues:
- Artillery script added to wrong truck - I did test it but missed the issue (the other truck is desert scheme)
- Need to sort out ASR_Grids for accurate fire missions (wish I known that existed!)
- ACRE took approximately 5mins to kick in properly which messed the comms plan up after we revised and then reverted
- More experience in the field with artillery will get rounds on target faster
- Artillery team needed NFE to use a map at night (which is weird because it has a pull out a light animation now).
- Mission was too long
- Too many enemies
- Needed more Magnets
- I would probably add a close firebase to make TOF shorter
- Great leadership thanks guys
- Great endurance to see it to the end in what was a difficult mission
- Effective fire was brought to bear, I do believe the paladin is a winner unlike ACE artillery.
Stay tuned for the next mission which will consist of a Combat Outpost Tower Defense game with 155mm support. How many waves of infantry can you survive?