Welcome to Online Combat Battalion - Australian Tactical Gaming Group
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Before You Judge, Stop and Think

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain
OCB has been attacked by a Facebook troll because we have posted to show our respects to Australian servicemen that have fallen overseas.

Here is the post, we believe was inspired by our memorial post regarding the loss of our 40th serviceman in Afghanistan, CPL Cameron Stewart Baird.

Is this really appropriate? I had a quick look at your site...full of gamer shite. I think fantasy gaming and real deaths in combat don't mix, he wasn't a member of your online gaming Battalion was he? (I doubt it) he was a member of a real one! and actually died in combat and won't be 'respawned'.

That's right, it is full of gamer shite, because it's a gaming community Einstein.

Let me also state this for the record that our gaming community contains a healthy number of current and former ADF members, some of whom have operational service in the MEAO and Timor Leste. These members are OR's, SNCO and Officers. Some of our members have recently lost close friends overseas, and we do have members who are in REAL Battalions, Squadrons and Regiments, various corps and two branches of the ADF (Army and RAAF), so to the Facebook troll we say this...

Before firing your comments off, stop and have a think about WHO you might be paying out on, because now, to us at least, you look like a bloody goose. I'd recommend you stay off our site if it doesn't suit you.

If you do or have served Mr Troll, pull ya head in and engage brain before engaging fingers on keyboard.
  • Tromac, Gavin, EightySix and 17 others like this

DeViL

DeViL

Retired

• General User
  • 294 posts

i posted that pic on my facebook site also, people like that are below my contempt. The closest they come to death is roast chicken.
forum flamers for no good reason because they are bored and have no respect for any thing, they can get mucked as far as im concerned.
  • Tromac, Valour and ren111 like this

ren111

ren111

Always Welcome

• General User
  • 452 posts

Gotta love armchair hero's, oxygen thieves and organ donors. Reminds me of some one eyed schmuck throwing food at us when I got home from deployment. Some people just need to be "retrained".
  • spartan_dbx, Valour and Hells like this

Rupert

Rupert

BANNED FOR IDIOCY

• Banned
  • 16 posts

So because we play games, we arn't allowed to show respect to people who fell in service of our country? what a load of.
  • Gavin likes this

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain
Yeah, it's stupid isn't it.