Welcome to Online Combat Battalion - Australian Tactical Gaming Group
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

07JUN21002013 'PATROL OPERATIONS'

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Scablifter

Scablifter

Honoured Guest

• General User
  • 937 posts

After Action Review from 07JUN21002013 'PATROL OPERATIONS' - Takistan.

This AAR will focus on 3 Missions that occurred in the Operation.
ORDBATT consisted of:
Scablifter - Platoon Commander - 0-A
John Rambo - Alpha Section Commander - A-1 - Light Infantry
Shaunbro/Azer - Charlie Section Commander - C-1- DFSW
Ghost - Sierra Section Commander - S-1- Sniper/Recon.
Air support filled in by Spartan, Cpt Davo and for the life of me I forget that other fabulous pilot...make your self known!

Mission One - Defend Outpost.
Alpha + Charlie to insert via Chinook along minor road 50m north of Fortification. Upon landing, Alpha adopted defensive posture on the fort itself, whilst Charlie proceeded to set up DFSW overwatch approx 150m South of Fort. Sierra inserted via HALO for sniper overwatch approx 1km West of Fort.
Clean insertion by the 3 teams and defensive posture adopted quickly. Fire fight ensued. 0-A acted as JTAC and coordinated A-10 callsign for bomb and gun run to effect. Props out to the 50m danger close 30mm run along the MSR.
Minimal casualties sustained by all 3 teams.
Sustains - Communications at section/fire team level, Use of aircraft for CAS and low level recon, Excellent recon provided by sniper team.
Fixes - If you re-role mid battle after death, ensure you notify the battlespace commander. Having a Blackhawk come out of nowhere and dropping friendlies off in the direction of fire without any Comms is not a good day out.

Mission Two- Destroy Supply Depot.
Alpha + Charlie insert via Chinook along MSR located in valley approx 2km from Tgt.
Positive ID by Sierra on exact loc of Depot followed by accurate sniper fire from approx 1km.
Alpha + Charlie commenced distance engagement, supported by Apache fire with great effect on the enemy. The camp was destroyed in the assault and all sections extracted without incident. A textbook OCB Platoon + assault on a fixed position.

Mission Three- Destroy Radio Tower.
Alpha + Charlie + Sierra inserted mountain top approx 750m from TGT. Heavy fire fight followed. Casualties were sustained. Unfortunately at this point, public players decided to kamikaze a little bird into the fort. I won't harp too much on this mission as I personally scrubbed it when the pubs went psycho.
Well done everyone on last nights efforts. I hope to see some reports from the section commanders and the pilots so we can further increase our learning and understanding.
In addition, names have been named to Bn HQ for positive and negative performance...we are always watching :)
  • Gelly, DC338, Levelcap and 1 other like this

Levelcap

Levelcap

Forum Novice

• General User
  • 325 posts

Page was that other fabulous pilot!

Scablifter

Scablifter

Honoured Guest

• General User
  • 937 posts

Ah but of course!

CptDavo

CptDavo

Former Member (Retired)

• General User
  • 2,478 posts

Skord was his secretary.

Fixes - If you re-role mid battle after death, ensure you notify the battlespace commander. Having a Blackhawk come out of nowhere and dropping friendlies off in the direction of fire without any Comms is not a good day out.

There were 20 guys fart arsing around base waiting for a transport callsign. A dedicated X-ray platform will probably be required for PO2 missions. Also I was hailing you the whole time prior until I finally worked out the radio was on CH2 for air assets ........ (Standard is 99 if an alternate is provided) I also informed you prior to entering the battlespace once I finally got on ch2.

Z.Page

Z.Page

Forum Novice

• General User
  • 388 posts

Posted Image
  • Xerxes, Scablifter and Mullydawg like this

Ghost

Ghost

Forum Novice

• General User
  • 304 posts

As the recon commander i do have to say robbo made a awesome sniper/spotter and points for him for adapting to extreme long range marksmanship with a crosswind, im happy to have him a my recon partner in the future.
  • Robbo likes this

John Rambo

John Rambo

Retired

• General User
  • 415 posts

As Alpha lead I had the section divided into to fire teams which eventually turned into three when Charlie merged to make the gun team consisted of ; White FT consisting of Avidius as point/AT, GunnerExurkun as MG, Piro as Medic and myself. While Red FT led by Cap with DC on the MG, Reddeth with AT and Mully as a riflemen on point.

Mission One and Two went smoothly, with all members reflecting on their previous training and making my job at both the outpost and the depot easy and painless. At the third AO I was taken out early leaving the guys to improvise a strategy for taking the radar tower by themselves and once again reflected on their training and used a mixture of bounding and flanking maneuvers to complete the task.

Haydos

Haydos

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 1,658 posts

This is by far the most in depth debrief of a patrol ops mission I have ever experienced...
  • Robbo and Spectre like this

Jacky

Jacky

Former Member

• General User
  • 40 posts

Davo put me and two others down far enough and behind defilade during the defence operation. That location allowed me to sight in the rest of the hostile forces that were behind the defilade towards the NE of the outpost by the MSR. I radioed in my position to Rambo and was confirmed as a friendly towards their north-west, taking no fire allowing me and GunnerExurcan(I think) to finish off the stragglers from our high ground position.

Throughout the entire time, Davo was out of sight from hostile and the approach and drop off was clean.
The LZ was very impromptu I'll admit.

And props to JTAC and Reaper taking out the M113 to our SW from outpost, would have had a hell of a time from the birdsnest at the OP.

Robbo

Robbo

Newly Registered

• General User
  • 26 posts

Must say, this was one of the most well organised and well coordinated PO2 campaigns I've been in. Props to Scabbie, top effort. Minimal down time too, which always makes for good game play.

Ghost, cheers mate! Was good working along side ya. Thoroughly enjoyed the competition for kills :) haha

Scablifter

Scablifter

Honoured Guest

• General User
  • 937 posts

Good stuff guys, we all got some feedback from it and we know what we need to sustain and fix for next time.
AARs are good for identifying good work, effort that can be improved and naming the people who deserve credit.

On a note to the SNCOs and Bn HQ...I have been absent 6 months from the field, I return to find the SOPs and procedures are the same and all new soldiers I have now met performing to a standard that I was in awe of. WELL DONE OCB!
  • Mad Gallah likes this

Guest_Anvil_*

Guest_Anvil_*
  • Guests

Must say, this was one of the most well organised and well coordinated PO2 campaigns I've been in. Props to Scabbie, top effort. Minimal down time too, which always makes for good game play.

I have to agree with Robbo on this. The downtime between objectives was great, it keeps everyone alert and breeds efficiency.
Love your work Scablifter.

Also John Rambo, beast Squad lead as always.