Welcome to Online Combat Battalion - Australian Tactical Gaming Group
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

AAR: [LN]No Mercy 21/04/2013

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Lyndiman

Lyndiman

• General User
  • 2,656 posts

Task:
Capture insurgent stronghold

Weather:
Clear, morning

Members:
  • HQ led by: Cpt.Davo OC
  • Bravo: CTB
  • Charlie: AAF
  • Delta: Sgt.Lyndiman
  • Echo: Sgt.John Rambo
  • X-ray: Dash & Spartan
  • JTAC: Pvt.Ren1111111111
Plan:
Infil via helo to designated LZ east of target. Covertly move to layup positions east of target. Call in CAS to neutralise fixed defenses. Assault and capture the defenses. Remove IED threats as necessary or able. Defend against counter attack.

Execution:
  • Team briefing and embarking helos was made in good time despite the numbers present and some players missing a radio.
  • Infil to LZ as planned.
  • Move to layup positions covertly as planned.
  • Targets identified and plan of attack communicated effectively.
  • Reaper on station and CAS executed effectively on 1x fixed HMG
  • Direct fire executed simultaneously and squads bounded towards objective in a 2 pronged attack. One from north and one from the East.
  • Working with Echo squad Delta squad cleared the south side of town neutralising multiple technicals, HMGs and insurgent personnel.
  • Possible IEDs were identified and avoided during the operation.
  • Further airstrikes on troop concentrations were controlled (very) effectively by Ren.
  • Upon the objective being occupied a counter attack from the South (2 prong) and north was contacted.
  • Echo and Delta assaulted South through the counter attack. Delta flanking south east eliminating another 12mm HMG while Echo moved South west.
  • Bravo and Charlie squads cleared the center to north area.
  • Delta squad sustained only one or two lightly wounded.
  • 1x A-10 was damaged in a non combat incident during takeoff
Sustains:
  • Good person discipline - at no point was the attack compromised prior to the air strike initiation.
  • Good Squad and Team fire and movement. Good inter team bounding and support.
  • Good use of air superiority to neutralise what would have otherwise been an overwhelming enemy
  • No gear shopping or stupid antics was seen
  • The units and weapons looked awesome
Fixes:
  • Comms jam due to radio shortage. Would be good have air traffic on a separate ch as planned but unable. Reinforce the need for radio brevity.
  • Other squads may have more fixes particularly around taking casualties due to aggressive movement plans or tactics that need to be worked through
  • I'm guilty of not communicating too effectively. Particularly around my intentions and targets
  • Using the wrong radio derp derp
  • When the mission ends please don't shoot into the air or throw smoke grenades
  • Respawn was accidentally left on derp derp
  • Loadout editor didn't have 148's for squad leaders. LEA was a pita because our gear isn't actually in it. Those cool weapons are part of the units mod and worth the hassle I reckon. Will need to double check load out and add an acre & ammo box just in case.
Notes:
Good fun for a very quick to make TAC. Was great to see a good turn out off the cuff of two extra clans. Was also great to see people step up to fly or JTAC or lead who normally wouldn't. The attack looked fantastic after a tense build up. Will look to make more like this as time permits. Special recognition to Ren for controlling the air like a champ and not getting any of us killed in the process (to my knowledge).

Requests for next time, comments and more AARs are welcome.
  • John Rambo and ren111 like this

CptDavo

CptDavo

Former Member (Retired)

• General User
  • 2,478 posts

I don't think magnet was running a squad on his own though he was assisting Rambo. There was no alpha quad as such. Bravo was ctb and Charlie was aaf.

ren111

ren111

Always Welcome

• General User
  • 452 posts

From my end of the stick as the air controller, both the CAS roles flown by Spartan and Dash did a great job, they kept comms short and to the point, moved to requested stations in a timely manner and provided the right support with good accuracy for effect on target. We pre planned the usage of a bastardised 9-line and it worked with good effect. Well done to all other units for maintaining comms discipline whilst air calls were being made. Loved the Tac Lyndi. Well done sir.

Edited by ren111, 22 April 2013 - 10:21 AM.

Lyndiman

Lyndiman

• General User
  • 2,656 posts

I don't think magnet was running a squad on his own though he was assisting Rambo. There was no alpha quad as such. Bravo was ctb and Charlie was aaf.

ta

DC338

DC338

Forum Regular

• General User
  • 893 posts

Sorry I missed it.

Love AARs

John Rambo

John Rambo

Retired

• General User
  • 415 posts

Was a fun mission, I enjoyed the teamwork and the outcome of collaborating with Delta for the attack south east.

Tema

Tema

Forum Novice

• General User
  • 256 posts

Just for the record, Ren called in air support at one stage while on his back wounded. Asked for distance and bearing and didn't skip a beat calling in the little bird gun run.

Magnet

Magnet

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 1,530 posts

A10 incident was on landing.

Just add the new weapon classnames into the LEA script once you've finished the load outs easy.

After I gave my radio to John my acre kept crashing. Worked out this is because I use alt+shift+# to transmit on individual radios. I kept going to transmit on 343 which I keep as two and since I no longer had a 148 it became one. So every time I'd transmit via muscle memory I'd crash teamspeak and have to alt-tab restart. Made it a bit harder to control the fireteam as I was in and out and unable to keep track of what was going on fluidly. Echo-Red did well without me anyway so not a huge issue in the end.

All up it was a fun mission and I enjoyed my role. Could have had more enemies though.

Mag.
  • Redlock Holmes likes this

Lyndiman

Lyndiman

• General User
  • 2,656 posts

Yeah adding the classname in notepad++ was easy and didn't have any bugs. It was the 148 that was missed because I didn't have the profiles sorted out properly.

Shadow

Shadow

Forum Regular

• General User
  • 687 posts

Just for the record, Ren called in air support at one stage while on his back wounded. Asked for distance and bearing and didn't skip a beat calling in the little bird gun run.

Quick get this man a medal!!

Edited by Shadow, 22 April 2013 - 02:26 PM.