Welcome to Online Combat Battalion - Australian Tactical Gaming Group
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[LN] 05.06.1944

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Lyndiman

Lyndiman

• General User
  • 2,656 posts

Yep easy.

Mad Gallah

Mad Gallah

Forum Novice

• General User
  • 296 posts

Is there any possibility of perhaps having numerous smaller objectives as well so as to replicate history? As in the paras were spread from arsehole to breakfast and not all managed to RV so they did whatever disrupting tasks they could in little groups of paras

Lyndiman

Lyndiman

• General User
  • 2,656 posts

Gallah probably too much effort to have lots going on.

If you don't find the rally your night might be interesting.

Mad Gallah

Mad Gallah

Forum Novice

• General User
  • 296 posts

so effectively we are just doing the same thing we do every week but with World War 2 skins..?

Lyndiman

Lyndiman

• General User
  • 2,656 posts

The mission is based on a famous veterans dday actions. Not everyone faught the first night.

Magnet

Magnet

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 1,530 posts

It's OK Gallah, my mission will likely end up the clusterf**k you desire.

Mag.

Shadow

Shadow

Forum Regular

• General User
  • 687 posts

Come on Gallah give Lyndi a break!! He is making this mission on his own time and how he would like it to be. Mission making is not easy and I have great respect for the guys that put in the hard yards. You could always make your own.

Lyndiman

Lyndiman

• General User
  • 2,656 posts

It's okay. I'm planning for the mission to stretch into daylight so it will require a randomized drop, then avoiding or destroying occupation forces and then rallying for daylight phase.
  • Mad Gallah likes this

Mad Gallah

Mad Gallah

Forum Novice

• General User
  • 296 posts

Come on Gallah give Lyndi a break!! He is making this mission on his own time and how he would like it to be. Mission making is not easy and I have great respect for the guys that put in the hard yards. You could always make your own.

Can your dick touch your arse mate?

He asked for suggestions and when I offered them, he completely fobbed them off (not even bothering to see who even wrote it). It's cool that he has the skills to design missions and I admire his zeal but if he knows how he wants the mission to run, then he shouldn't ask for suggestions.

Edited by Mad Gallah, 25 January 2013 - 05:13 PM.

Lyndiman

Lyndiman

• General User
  • 2,656 posts

I didn't fob you off. I'm going with the spread drop and disruption ideas. I just won't do the objectives coding as it would be too much work. I also want everyone to link up for daylight.

I'd also like thoughts on medics.

Who would play a medic all night? No weapon and stays in the rear....

Gelly

Gelly

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 1,368 posts

Oh yeah, those medics didn't carry weapons did they? It will take a dedicated member to play that role all night.

Lyndiman

Lyndiman

• General User
  • 2,656 posts

Dedicated indeed.

I'm also thinking of making them friendly to all so they won't be targeted specifically.

Knight

Knight

Retired

• General User
  • 1,422 posts

Dedicated indeed.

I'm also thinking of making them friendly to all so they won't be targeted specifically.

Unless scabbie is playing it, then friendly to no one would be a decent choice
  • Xerxes, Mad Gallah and Magnet like this

Shadow

Shadow

Forum Regular

• General User
  • 687 posts

I can touch my ass with my dick if I get a semi and put it though my legs. Does that count? Lol just remember you went there...

Edited by ShadowStalker, 25 January 2013 - 07:51 PM.

Tromac

Tromac

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 3,502 posts

You two get to your rooms and stay there!

John Rambo

John Rambo

Retired

• General User
  • 415 posts

I'd play medic for something different, doesn't bother me. A pistol for self-defence if worse comes to worse but apart from that it would be pretty exhilarating relying solely on the men around you for defence.

Lyndiman

Lyndiman

• General User
  • 2,656 posts

Mission updated. Added testing footage.

A unique task up front - night navigation. It's a very small map so you should be okay.
  • Mad Gallah likes this

Haydos

Haydos

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 1,658 posts

Sounds good lyndi! keen to see more i44 action inside the clan always been a MASSIVE fan of the mod since it came out. I am currently working on a big mission of some kind myself where it takes place both on the ground and in the air. Ground forces eliminate AA guns during the night and then paratroopers rain down from the sky and help in the advance of the main objective before it becomes light. Would be great if you could come along to my next test night once I clear up the remaining small bugs eg. 88 guns destroying themselves, lol!

Knight

Knight

Retired

• General User
  • 1,422 posts

I get the feeling this isn't a YOLO mission, #sad

Sounds like a good time, should we be asking to take slots?

Mad Gallah

Mad Gallah

Forum Novice

• General User
  • 296 posts

Anyone up for some i44 tonight?