Welcome to Online Combat Battalion - Australian Tactical Gaming Group
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

That's how we roll!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Tromac

Tromac

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 3,502 posts

Last night on our Custom Maps server Valour took the reigns and organised some of the best game play I have experienced. Mission, find and destroy an enemy supply depot on the island of Tigeria.

Two sections and our Head Quarters element traveled by road to a high vantage point South of the objective. On arrival we set about establishing security on the flank with Bravo section tasked to the role. Supplies were requested from helicopter support so we could establish a base of support with three mortars. During transit the X-ray call sign was attacked and damaged by a fighter aircraft. X-ray was still able to complete the mission and Alpha unloaded and prepared the mortars.

In the meantime two LAV maneuvered into position on our right flank in preparation for the attack. Our sniper on the far left in a hide observed three infantry approaching our position. On confirmation he was using a silenced rifle the order went out to engage the three.

As I was ranging targets and sending a fire mission to the mortar battery a driver of one of the TOW hummers moved too close to the brim of the hill drawing the attention of a T-34 tank below us. Shells started to pound into our position. There was a thunderous explosion as the hummer was hit killing one instantly.

The order went out to engage and a furious rain of rifle fire, machine gun tracer, TOW missiles from the remaining hummer and Javelin fire was joined by mortar and 25mm canon fire. The flats surrounding the supply depot erupted into a confused mess of explosions and smoke. Enemy popped smoke attempting to save themselves. The battle lasted only a few minutes with high casualties on the enemy side. Confirmation of the depot destruction and little remaining activity showed it was time to fallback. The order passed for us to reform at the mortar position for further orders.

http://youtu.be/rSqlYSCcuxU

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Jazzakid and Jacky like this

Highway

Highway

Former Member

• General User
  • 607 posts

horny

Krongas

Krongas

Former Member

• General User
  • 482 posts

Awesome game last night Val and tromac, i Loved being apart of CHQ TAC.
Last night when spinx an i where in (SBF) OW position SW of the ABF with FT alpha & bravo. I was very impressed with the Mor support i observed, 1st round caused tgt damage i can only iimagine how more deadly it will be with the use of WP and ease of adjusting fire. Even the time it took to esb the fire line in hindsight was not that bad. If we had preloaded boxes and Robust SOP we could see this being a very versatile and deadly system that can be quickly delivered to critical areas to support our Manouver elements. Well done to all those involved in the employment of them last night.

I'm interested in also receiving some DAGR and VECTOR training?

Also could we see about adding panel markers in the boxes?
I Would hope to see their use in marking LZ incease instead of smoke all the time. I like to use smk for marking the FLOT or as Temp TRPS for CAS and save my smk, that i have access to, for AME.

Jazzakid

Jazzakid

Forum Regular

• General User
  • 692 posts

man, those fast movers chucked a shit load of missles at the LAV's

Azer

Azer

Forum Novice

• General User
  • 248 posts

definitely an amazing mission, those jets really added to the tension build up before we engaged.

and i agree with krongas, perhaps update our extract procedure to using panel markers since our smoke discipline is pretty bad atm.... :p

SphinX

SphinX

Former Member

• General User
  • 1,163 posts

Those bloody jets rustled my jimmies a few times.

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain
Prepping vid of action
  • Fragsmoker likes this

John Rambo

John Rambo

Retired

• General User
  • 415 posts

The vid's going to show you and Tro sitting still on that hill while the rest of us scurry like ants when the tank volleys start incoming lol.
  • Fragsmoker likes this

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain
Pretty much.

SphinX

SphinX

Former Member

• General User
  • 1,163 posts

Tank volleys, pffft. Try two volleys of rockets into the side of your LAV. I was glad I was an engineer.

Tromac

Tromac

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 3,502 posts

The vid's going to show you and Tro sitting still on that hill while the rest of us scurry like ants when the tank volleys start incoming lol.

That's cause we're fearless leaders lol
  • Fragsmoker likes this

Krongas

Krongas

Former Member

• General User
  • 482 posts

Yeah SphinX thought we where boned when they came down on them two strafing runs on us. What about the wacky racing we did along the coast trying to dodge getting exploded. Lucky we got a few lucky hits with the M242 and shot the sucker down

Fragsmoker

Fragsmoker

Former Valued Member

• General User
  • 965 posts

I'd love to get involved in this side of the clan, alas i do not have the time. :(

Sounds like you guys had fun.

Lyndiman

Lyndiman

• General User
  • 2,656 posts

You can turn off the audio announcements in TS3 val! they are damned annoying.

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain
Oh you can do that?

I had no idea. That Vegas program is fucked, and I couldn't be bothered taking what time is needed to learn it.

CptDavo

CptDavo

Former Member (Retired)

• General User
  • 2,478 posts

Edit your OCB bookmark settings (Bottom right of bookmark manger "Sound Pack")

Krongas

Krongas

Former Member

• General User
  • 482 posts

Holy shit that looked awesome better than I remembered. I will have to run some engagement area development and troop fire training when I get on next time.

Lyndiman

Lyndiman

• General User
  • 2,656 posts

Yeah vegas is buggy as hell as well.

Tromac

Tromac

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 3,502 posts

Right you lot piss off high jacking my thread! You're all :offtopic:

Valour