Welcome to Online Combat Battalion - Australian Tactical Gaming Group
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Operation Stonewall

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

CptDavo

CptDavo

Former Member (Retired)

• General User
  • 2,478 posts

Thoughts?

Mine:
*Shopping at the start was horrendous (Note for missions we host in the future.)
*Game ran smooth once the desync passed and TS3 permissions fixed. (Again note for missions we host in the future.)
*Regular accidentally set instead of veteran.
*OCB performed quite well. Always on the ball unlike other call signs.
*We mainly tasked to clean up after the other groups... (Probably because they were incompetent and we would do the job too well... :rolleyes: ie. pub players would be starting at their boots.)
*Further training for infantry + firesupport - First town was shockers
*Occasional training on ACE features like wounds and tyre changes..
*They had Kush teleporting around to check on the mission and squads, which seems like a good idea for massive scale missions.This role my be redundant if we host it with CTB/A decent clan. (Again note for missions we host in the future.)
*Pub players suck, childish and have no appreciation for a tac mission . (2-2, the lost convoy lead by VMA A6 Intruder & Freeborne..Floydii told me after he contacted them they palmed him off telling him they were busy...) - CTB seem like the only guys that were in the ball park in terms of organisation. - Suggest only inviting CTB atm (not very impressed by other clans, though they were quite fragmented unlike our guys)

On a side note,Floydii made this to show why we shouldn't have pubs....
Posted Image

@ Gelly apparently the secondaries are part of ace...

Lyndiman

Lyndiman

• General User
  • 2,656 posts

Setting the TS3 permissions wrong so ACRE set off constant spam notifications almost cancelled the whole mission for me.
Shopping at the start wasn't that bad but I'd prefer if gear was fixed.
For some reason at the start my character couldn't run so I couldn't keep up with the line advancing on the first town.
Public players seemed pretty retarded especially the ones say OCD OCD after the end.
Otherwise was lots of fun, Gelly led an excellent section
We should host a CTB / VMA / OCB tac on a Sunday night next =)

Rocksy

Rocksy

Former Member

• General User
  • 145 posts

experienced players crossing our firing line while we were on overwatch, and actively taking out targets. Poor form

CptDavo

CptDavo

Former Member (Retired)

• General User
  • 2,478 posts

experienced players crossing our firing line while we were on overwatch, and actively taking out targets. Poor form

Our guys or other players?

Guder

Guder

Forum Regular

• General User
  • 788 posts

Would have been nice to have been tasked a couple more objectives.
I agree with the ACRE issue at the start was a but at least it was resolved rather quickly, it will help for the next time.

Gelly

Gelly

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 1,368 posts

Davo, your first comments, took the words right outta my mouth.
Most of the things you mentioned are pretty much absent from my missions due to lessons hard learnt, Gear fixed to role ,simple comms plan, simple first aid, robust respawn/rallypoints, orders on the map screen, mission controlled at team leader level, no pubs (or really good ones), veteran mode only and above all, Eightysix's excellent framework making my job easier.
  • Tromac likes this

Rocksy

Rocksy

Former Member

• General User
  • 145 posts

other players, freeborne was one of them. its not major, its just poor form.

I also shot knight, completely my fault.

Knight

Knight

Retired

• General User
  • 1,422 posts

Our guys or other players?

Other players, at the last objective, as we were engaging enemy in the town. We had a friendly squad saunter casually in front of us on their way up the northen hill.

That was the highlight of the night for me Rocksy, I lulzed, and didnt think you actually shot me, until my guy passed out on the run back to the humvee, kudos on the quick revive.

Edited by Knight, 20 August 2012 - 07:07 PM.

Ex_Inferus

Ex_Inferus

Forum Novice

• General User
  • 483 posts

Not too much of an issue with the shopping, if it is done expediently, but being left sitting there waiting for the girls to decide which shoes to wear to match that shiny new acog was frustrating. Fixed weapons would be a preference by far.

The guys that Black and I were under worked pretty well, all our squad leadership roles were filled by CTB members may have helped that.

Being in a support role though, we got to see alot of "big picture" stuff. Seemed to be a fair bit of procrastinating between the stages of the mission, didn't flow overly well. I got a slight sense of "cat herding" from some of the squads, guess that's to be expected when pubs play TAC.

If we were to host a multi-clan, I'd be very selective of who is invited, and make sure that there is plenty for everybody to do.

Knight

Knight

Retired

• General User
  • 1,422 posts

The night was a whole lot of fun for me, while we didn't really "do" much (in the sense of running around burning down every house we saw), spending Sunday evening with OCB guys and getting to laugh at some weird antics from other units was a pretty good way to wrap up the weekend.

Highlights (good and bad) for me were
* Playing Chinese whispers at the very start to get messages to people with TS issues, that was an oversight (but probably an easy one to make without hindsight)
* A warm fuzzy feeling when we were sitting in our Humvee packet waiting for the rest of the server to get ready.
* Despite issues with our advance on the town of Binnaz, we were still first to reach its compounds and start sweeping through.
* Magnet bashing his head on the wall and using up our medical supplies.
* The lost Convoy
* Enemy QRF lost a BMP somewhere, maybe he heard OCB was on the case?
* Everyone holding their tongues and ignoring snide remarks at the end

SphinX

SphinX

Former Member

• General User
  • 1,163 posts

Sounds like it was interesting to say the least. Gunna stick with OCB only tacs by the sounds of it though.

CptDavo

CptDavo

Former Member (Retired)

• General User
  • 2,478 posts

Been on the AEF forums. Seems like they are I keen on more missions with us and XDF.(A platoon each apparently)

http://aef-ctb.com/f..._7371#entry7371

Also saw a post made early this month on Ausarma about Free borne bitching about us, no wonder why we hate his guts.
http://www.ausarma.o...tch/#entry27990

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain
Good write ups by all. Sounds like there were some good and bad things about the mission, and of course if you have pub players and idiots like Freebourne and 76 in the mix something's are bound not to work out.

Interesting post from Freebourne that Davo posted, just ignore the dickhead he's only doing it to get a reaction.

One things that astounds me is that they still tolerate 76... The guys that threatened me and my family because a forum post years ago by my oldest lad standing up for OCB when 76 was sledging us. Amazing.

I think some joint missions with CTB are certainly worth further exploration, although the recommendation to include VMA don't thrill me. From my experience they are idiots and one of them was banned from our servers years ago for spawning stuff with lost key.
  • Tromac likes this

Tromac

Tromac

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 3,502 posts

Very proud of the performance of our lads, thank you all for your professionalism and for highlighting that you can do so and still have a good time. Freeborne? Well if I knew where he lives I'd be happy to put a bullet in his forehead the fucking wanker. <---- see what I did there, role reversal. Val was preaching ignoring him this time so I went the other way for a change :devil:

The only other group I think that are up to standard is CTB. The others can play their own power struggle games.
  • FEAR likes this

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain
I'll pay for the bullet. :)

The power struggle games you've mentioned, for those that were not around a couple of years back, is the reason I'm not a huge fan of AusArma.

They sought to bring all the clans under their banner with a desire to them dictate to them on how things would happen. I told them to shove it as OCB at the time was bigger than all the AusArma clans combined an we were an independent community that was not going to be ruled by a petty beaurocracy, which is what AusArma is.

As if we would submit to the whims of people like Freebourne, who is one of their senior admins.

OCB then, and is now, strong, proud and independent, and still larger than all the others combined.

Tromac

Tromac

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 3,502 posts

Having a look at the Ausarma forums there is not a lot of activity on there. So much for a big community. Meh

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain
But their TS does get a lot of traffic - due soley to Day Z, nothing else.

Lyndiman

Lyndiman

• General User
  • 2,656 posts

Why is freebourne listed as a public player? Is he Ausarma but not CTB?

Tromac

Tromac

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 3,502 posts

Why is freebourne listed as a public player? Is he Ausarma but not CTB?

He is Ausarma, the CTB guys hate him just as much as Valour and I do but tolerate him.

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain
Yeah Freebourne is not in any clan. Who'd have him?

He hangs around ausarma because they gave him admin access, who knows why.