Welcome to Online Combat Battalion - Australian Tactical Gaming Group
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

BG AUSARMA COMMUNITY EVENT: OPERATION STONEWALL 19AUG12

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain
Now, Floydii, thanks for the invite, we are happy to have our guys attend.

Hope it's a great event.

Shoot Freeborne in the head for me (in an virtual in game sense of course), repeatedly, and then steal his boots and watch.
  • Tromac and FEAR like this

CptDavo

CptDavo

Former Member (Retired)

• General User
  • 2,478 posts

Just tested our mods, everything is fine, just need to download the map & it's mapsigns. Battle group structuring.

Knight

Knight

Retired

• General User
  • 1,422 posts

Reshman Map

Reshman Build

Tromac

Tromac

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 3,502 posts

As Battalion 2IC I'll support my boss in stating that we don't have a problem with Ausarma or other Arma clans at all. And I'll also state that yes Freeborne your arrogance in the past has shown me that you are not one I particularly care to speak with or trust in any way. It's not Ausarma, it's just you and your attitude to others. We appreciate the invitation but we don't appreciate other people trying to tell us how to do things.

Lokyi

Lokyi
  • General User
  • 6 posts

Pass...

I'm washing my hair that night.....

I take it that won't be a purple rinse and a perm as well then? :tongue:

Good to have you guys along for the ride :wink:
  • Tromac likes this

Tromac

Tromac

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 3,502 posts

Now I'd like to see that!

Floydii

Floydii

CTB - HQ

• General User
  • 16 posts
Something sitting in Draft on the CTB Forums at the moment. I'll put it up on AUSARMA once it's all complete. For now, enjoy. The Mission on sunday will utilise a Platoon team drawn from this TO&E.

BATTLE GROUP AUSARMA Table of Organisation & Equipment

Ladies and Gents,

I have a plan.

What I intend to do is design a virtual Battle group (BG), called BG AUSARMA, which (I hope) will inform how we organise ourselves for tactical missions and campaigns. At the same time, this should by no means be seen as a limiting thing for community events (you don't have to use it). There are a few caveats I will outline before going any further:
  • The Primary aim of this BG is to provide the necessary organisational structure and callsigns for missions. Unless we get a ~700 man server, you will never see the BG deployed as a whole.
  • This BG is designed to meet the needs of a virtual community. Hence it has capabilities and layout that no sensible RL BG would have (mainly SF and alot of air). It also lacks most of the extensive logistic support normally attached.
  • At this time, it is a work in progress. That said, I am attempting to flesh out the areas that most affect us (infantry/armour and air).
  • The goal here is standardisation. Knowing the BG layout inside and out is not a pre-requisite for being a section member, but knowing the rifle section layout is.
  • I have taken some liberties with the NATO symbols used. If you have a more accurate idea of the ones I should be using, I'm happy to hear about it. If you are going to throw your toys because it isn't 100% realistic, and don't provide me an alternative.. I don't care.
Okay, with those out of the way, a bit of a lesson on Battle Groups (BG), Combat Teams (CT) and Platoon Teams (PT):

Think of these three organisations as something you've made with Lego. The individual Fireteams, Tank Sections, Mortar teams, SF patrols and sniper pairs are the bricks. All the Tank Section 'bricks' might have come from a different box than the SF patrol 'bricks' originally but they have been mixed together for the task at hand.

Example:

A small town occupied by a Takistani Section with two BMPs some heavy weapons and a T72 needs to be cleared. A normal Rifle Platoon (Callsign A1-1) from A Company is a bit under equipped to do this, with the best antiarmour weapon being an 84mm MAAWs. What to do?

Platoon Team, that's what. A Tank section (Callsign C2-0A 2xM1A1 Abrams) is taken from C Sqn's second Troop along with an Anti Armoured team (Callsign A4-3A) from A Company Support Platoon's Anti Armoured Section.

So now we have a force that can clear the buildings in the town (the Rifle Platoon) combined with enough armoured and anti armoured punch to deal with any enemy tanks or heavy weapons. At the end of the battle, the tanks go back to C Sqn and the antiarmoured section goes back to the Support Platoon.

That mission might have been a community event with around ~30-40 players. No-one is permanently assigned to these roles from mission to mission, but it means less headaches sorting out callsigns and exactly who takes what equipment.

Sweet as Diagrams

I'm pretty sure everyone loves line drawings. If you don't, tough Posted Image. They are the best way to explain how this whole thing is laid out. Currently I've put in some hand drawn ones that will be prettied up eventually (volunteers?). More to come, enjoy.

Posted Image
RIFLE COMPANIES ( A&B )

Posted Image

C SQUADRON

Posted Image

D SQUADRON

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

E COMPANY

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Floydii, 14 August 2012 - 11:24 PM.

• Tromac likes this

Tromac

Tromac

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 3,502 posts

Great work Floydii

Lokyi

Lokyi
  • General User
  • 6 posts

Free, you'll just have to get over the fact that it's probably YOU that OCB doesn't like and not AusArma, and that we are never going to hold hands with you around the campfire and sing hippies tunes.

You guys hold hands and sing hippie tunes? :whistling:
  • Tromac likes this

Shadow

Shadow

Forum Regular

• General User
  • 687 posts

I feel like daddy just hit mummy at the table and i dont want dinner anymore!!! :sweat: But im with you Valour it seemed he took your comment a bit to far really!!
  • Tromac likes this

nighty.nz

nighty.nz

Newly Registered

• General User
  • 77 posts
hey quick question, are new recruits allowed to attend this event ?, I have been watching Gelly's training videos to better myself so I dont get lost when with the team.

Tromac

Tromac

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 3,502 posts

hey quick question, are new recruits allowed to attend this event ?, I have been watching Gelly's training videos to better myself so I dont get lost when with the team.

nighty I'd like it if new recruits wanting to attend could make sure to attend training tonight, that would not only give you a further grounding in the correct use of ACE but in working as a team member in OCB. Then sign up for the community event at both locations.

Tromac

Tromac

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 3,502 posts

I feel like daddy just hit mummy at the table and i dont want dinner anymore!!! :sweat: But im with you Valour it seemed he took your comment a bit to far really!!

Thanks Shadow. Love the analogy :smile:

Guys I think it best now to focus on the awesome event we have been invited to. Of course we appreciate our guys support but lets stay positive.

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain

Wow, I'm glad someone has a sense of humour. I'm sure the lads will have a blast and we are very appreciative of the invite.

Oh BTW, just the Purple rinse, I'm giving the perm a miss this time. :yes:

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain

You guys hold hands and sing hippie tunes? :whistling:

No, I believe the Free is the one who likes the hippie tunes. :woot:

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain
Floydii - after seeing more of the work you've put into this, I'd like to again thank you for the invite, and congratulate you on the work you've done on this.

Hope this is a regular thing!

Anyone who may be wondering, yes, Free and OCB have history, none of it partucularly good. We'll just ignore him and have a good mission with everyone else.

:thumbsup:
  • Tromac and CptDavo like this

Floydii

Floydii

CTB - HQ

• General User
  • 16 posts

Floydii - after seeing more of the work you've put into this, I'd like to again thank you for the invite, and congratulate you on the work you've done on this.

Hope this is a regular thing!

:thumbsup:

We'll be making the resources (ORBAT diagrams and templates) public. I'm hoping the other grand clans organise something as well for BG AUSARMA.

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain
Yep, I'm sure this will be a regular thing.

Ex_Inferus

Ex_Inferus

Forum Novice

• General User
  • 483 posts

I'm in for this, but for some strange reason my AusArma account won't log in, tried the reset but received no email and can't sign up again because my email address is already registered. Aside from that I'm damn excited.

Gelly

Gelly

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 1,368 posts

ILL BE THERE