Welcome to Online Combat Battalion - Australian Tactical Gaming Group
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Sniper Stalk 2012

sniper tags stalk event

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Sniper Stalk 2012 (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you available/wanting to participate in any of these positions

1. Sniper Candidate (5 votes [62.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

2. Staff Walker (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Staff Spotter (3 votes [37.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Tromac

Tromac

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 3,502 posts

Posted Image

RULES:
  • This is a timed event with a maximum of one (1) hour allowed
  • Each event will be held for three (3) sniper candidates only
  • There will be two staff spotters who will try to locate the candidates as they approach and three staff walkers who will follow yet keep distance from each candidate
  • Candidates will be driven to a location after a briefing, they then have to make their way to the target area and stalk to within 250m minimum distance
  • When they are within the 250m range to the target they are to fire a single shot hitting the target
  • The spotters will then if possible direct a walker to where they believe the candidate is positioned, if the candidate is located they must backtrack a minimum of 500m before trying another approach, so long as they have time remaining
  • If the spotters are unable to locate the candidate the walker will position himself within 5m of the candidate. The candidate will then fire a second shot at the target with the spotters looking for any flash or smoke from the discharge
  • If no flash or discharge is sighted the candidate has passed the stalking phase of training and is permitted to move on to the range qualification in order to earn his sniper tab
Please note that staff positions are held for senior members with priority being given firstly to commissioned officers, then non-commissioned officers with remaining members following.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apP5wJFV8HU

• FEAR, EightySix, Neborno and 1 other like this

FEAR

FEAR

OCB Member

• OCB Member
  • 927 posts

• Corporal
what time on saturday, I would like to put my name down for Sniper candidate

Tromac

Tromac

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 3,502 posts

what time on saturday, I would like to put my name down for Sniper candidate

Times are listed in the calendar events. Between 10:00am and 12:00. Though happy to run alternate nights or days for people as well.

FEAR

FEAR

OCB Member

• OCB Member
  • 927 posts

• Corporal

Times are listed in the calendar events. Between 10:00am and 12:00. Though happy to run alternate nights or days for people as well.

Im a dope :teehee: Im working this saturday... but Im keen as for the next one

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain
I see the event time in the short link under TAC EVENTS, but the calendar for that date is blank..... Am I missing something?

Tromac

Tromac

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 3,502 posts

I see the event time in the short link under TAC EVENTS, but the calendar for that date is blank..... Am I missing something?

Yep there is two calendars. The one you're looking at is open to all, the one you want to look at is the members only tactical calendar.

Where it says June 2012 in calendar, top left. Click on calendar and you can select the tactical one.

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain
Confusing, and no direct link to it. You have to click a few things to get to it.

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain
Id' like t o be spotter on future events, however this Saturday I'm playing paintball. :-)

Tromac

Tromac

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 3,502 posts

Id' like t o be spotter on future events, however this Saturday I'm playing paintball. :-)

At Action Paintball? Awesome!!!!! Where's my invite? :woot:

Tromac

Tromac

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 3,502 posts

Confusing, and no direct link to it. You have to click a few things to get to it.

That's EightySix's doing :yes:

Gelly

Gelly

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 1,368 posts

All those budding sniper candiates, dont forget my OCByoutube tutorial =training resource #11. Access thru our youtube link at the top of page.

Valour

Valour

Officer Commanding

• OCB BHQ
  • 9,184 posts

• Captain

At Action Paintball? Awesome!!!!! Where's my invite? :woot:

Heart Break Ridge - Bucks party.

CptDavo

CptDavo

Former Member (Retired)

• General User
  • 2,478 posts

I'm not trying stir anything, but did we not learn how this "Sniper" stuff usually ends.. (1st Recon) I'm up for a marksman badge/medal.(Lets the lucky canidate become a SDM- Squad designated marksman) Unless the guys in Sniper are really that keen to do what snipers actually do... sit around for hours and only end up shooting 3 bullets... They are also expected not to mop up the AO before the main body even arrives.

Edited by cptdavo, 22 June 2012 - 01:11 PM.

Tromac

Tromac

Forum Veteran

• General User
  • 3,502 posts

I'm not trying stir anything, but did we not learn how this "Sniper" stuff usually ends.. (1st Recon) I'm up for a marksman badge/medal.(Lets the lucky canidate become a SDM- Squad designated marksman) Unless the guys in Sniper are really that keen to do what snipers actually do... sit around for hours and only end up shooting 3 bullets... They are also expected not to mop up the AO before the main body even arrives.

It's just another thing to give practise and another sort of tac mission to. Besides do you not have the title of pilot? Should we strip you of that as well and just have all riflemen? No other training opportunities? There WILL NOT be any new groups formed, those completing the course are going to be more suited to fill a squad sniper role than those who haven't for the simple reason they have trained and qualified in how to adjust for wind, and how to shoot at longer ranges.
  • FEAR likes this

FEAR

FEAR

OCB Member

• OCB Member
  • 927 posts

• Corporal
Well said Tro, don't let the actions of a few dictate us as a whole. I for one would live to be sniper but I would like to play other roles aswell like pilot, cav and grunt

CptDavo

CptDavo

Former Member (Retired)

• General User
  • 2,478 posts

Ohh good, just a qualification rather than a new group. Thats all I wanted to confirm.